shoes

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cban, Aug 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i didnt realy know if this is the right place to post this but il have a go , whats the best way i can remove all the polish from my shoes so i can start again with out doing damage to them? i know you can soak and scrub the boots but i wouldnt like to try that with the shoes incase they fell apart or something :(

2. Blowtorch

3. I find an easy method is to take said shoes to stores with a box of jaffa cakes, leave the shoes and the jaffa cakes on the Jack Dusty's desk for a few minutes, nine times out of ten, the polish will have miraculously disapeared along with any dirt that was previously on the shoes. You may also find the shoes are now mysteriously in a new box and will require wearing in all over again. I never seemed to be able to work this one out.

4. Brasso does the trick

5. Same thing used to work for me also, although I sometimes had to leave a pint of Guiness on the bar in the CPO's Mess for the Chief SA for larger items. :wink: :lol:

6. Very hot water and a sponge.

Brasso works a treat but it can sometimes warp the leather.

7. Hot spoon handle heated at gas mark 4 then rub the handle ever so gently over the area required