Shoes

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ollie123, Oct 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to keep banging on about shoes.

I have spent the last 2 months shining a pair of shoes to an impecible standard for my inpending AIB.

I released that I could have just bought a pair of patent leather shoes for the same effect saving me countless hours of polishing.

Would that have been acceptable?

And before you ask, I do have a girlfriend.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, it's AIB, not a fashion parade! Although they will judge you on your appearance to a certain degree, but I think what's between your ears that is more important...

Board Member 1: "He's thicker than a whale omelette!"
    Board Member 2: "Yes, I agree - but his shoes were awfully shiny!"

Sarcastic enough?!

:roll:

3. Ah, patent leather, makes you look like you can't be bothered to make the effort to polish shoes....and they look naff...you'll be rumbled on 2 counts then...

4. Clean, polished shoes are all that I needed! A smart appearance, washed, shaved etc.

They want to know what is going on between your ears, if you can lead, if you can work as a team, and if you have bothered to research the Navy and your career path.

Best of luck and read the AIB Guide Sticky!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm surprised you do Lofty.

Once you've joined shiny shoes are marvelous, in fact I often think to myself: "My, what a horrible Officer, but his shoes are brilliant, therefore I'll follow him anywhere"

Get real, concentrate on the important bits.