Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Shock! Horror! Vermin in Prison.

Sensational judgements like that are a bit sweeping - not every person who is in prison is a murdering rapist with a drug habit; some are 70-year old ladies who refuse to pay their Council Tax, or the MS sufferer who got caught smoking a joint in to comfort of his home to ease his pain, ad nauseum.

Cure the problem, not the symptom. A bit utopian but who knows; one day we might get it right...

Prison is there to punish and to deter.If a person has commited a crime for which a custodial sentance is given then he is beyond rehabilitation.Prison should be so unplesant that a criminal will not want to go back for a second dose.....This works.

No mention the of Naval Ships, ones ive been on were thick with cockies they were every where. Even when they fumigated Eagle the buggers came back in force, dont modern ships have them? why should prisons get all the fun, lost and won many half tots on the races.

Yea and I`ll tell you something else.
There`s no shittas in the cells in Pompey DQ`s either, you have to slop out each morning,

Er,

So I`m told.

…………

Unless you have ever worked in a Prison, none of you have any idea of what goes on, or how it runs.
The scum bags, yes scum bags have the upper hand. They know that they can wreck their cell and toss everything out through a small window in pieces.They don't care, because they know my first job the next morning was to refurnish that cell! They know that they can "up end" their full meal platter all over the landing,other inmates or staff and still be entitled to a meal. BTW they do the same thing with "Joeys" ( thats their term for shit filled socks)
For most of them, Prison is an improvement on their life style. But is it a punishment? No. Is it rehabilitation? No! Does Prison work? Yes! Because while Scumbag is incarcerated, he can't mug, burgle, rape TWOC or any of the numerous other unsavoury pastimes he/she get up to. Unless of course its on another Scummer.
These people are a different tribe to the normal people, totally amoral. They love you liberals or purveyors of the ECHR. You're the reason they get all the perks whilst inside and get out early. My early years in the Mob had a more disciplined regime.
Oh and one last thing, Old age pensioner tax evaders and genuine hardship cases like ex servicemen usually get better treatment from the Staff because they aren't scummers and only want to do their time and leave. Not like the career Crims.
15 years worth of experience talking.
RoofRat

I'm all for fair treatment of prisoners as mistreatment and lack of education is going to no one any good and they're just going to reoffend, but what about all the luxuries, I mean TV they shouldn't be allowed, prison is supposed to be a deterrent not a holiday!

come_the_day said:
Not terribly PC, but the stories today about the Inspector of Prisons complaining about vermin in Pentonville and no flushing loos in Peterhead make me chuckle. If there was no vermin (the human kind) we wouldn't need prisons to begin with! How many flushing loos are provided for soldiers living semi-permanently under canvas in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Don't worry matey, those that be have found other methods of disposing of vermin, they put them in Collingwood and call them Phase II trainees. By and large, and I must admit, after a REAL fcuking struggle we manage to turn them into human beings, then for the remaining 22 weeks we try to get them to be sailors. The biggest problem is trying to teach them interpersonal skills. Such as, how not to tell your DO to fcuk off because you don't want to do instruction on a daily basis. Wrestling them to the deck to get the cnuts to sign the duty log. REALLY, REALLY, REALLY trying hard not to kick the living daylights out of the obnoxious shitbrained bastards because some fcukwit in RALEIGH told them their rights. Man, either the Navy has changed big style, or Collingwood really is a mammby pammby pink and fluffly fcuked up place. :evil:

Dabs,

Your last line just about sums up Collingwood in my view.

Too much pink n fluffy stuff; COTS, Coaching and Motivation, Trainees charter, Divisional care, the list goes on and on.

These kids play the game THEIR way and get away with it.

Sorry for going off topic. :oops:

RoofRat said:
Unless you have ever worked in a Prison, none of you have any idea of what goes on, or how it runs.
The scum bags, yes scum bags have the upper hand. They know that they can wreck their cell and toss everything out through a small window in pieces.They don't care, because they know my first job the next morning was to refurnish that cell! They know that they can "up end" their full meal platter all over the landing,other inmates or staff and still be entitled to a meal. BTW they do the same thing with "Joeys" ( thats their term for shit filled socks)
For most of them, Prison is an improvement on their life style. But is it a punishment? No. Is it rehabilitation? No! Does Prison work? Yes! Because while Scumbag is incarcerated, he can't mug, burgle, rape TWOC or any of the numerous other unsavoury pastimes he/she get up to. Unless of course its on another Scummer.
These people are a different tribe to the normal people, totally amoral. They love you liberals or purveyors of the ECHR. You're the reason they get all the perks whilst inside and get out early. My early years in the Mob had a more disciplined regime.
Oh and one last thing, Old age pensioner tax evaders and genuine hardship cases like ex servicemen usually get better treatment from the Staff because they aren't scummers and only want to do their time and leave. Not like the career Crims.
RoofRat

At last somebody who knows what its all about.Take note all yee liberal thinkers.

RoofRat said:
RoofRat
Damn right shippers, I don't have your experience but I know a few people who have and they ALL say the same as you.
Fcuk em, they can thank their lucky stars they are not in a Thai prison. Now THAT"S punishment !!!! Human rights my sweet cock !

For fcuks sake.
How about we make them not want to come back to prison once they're out.
Make it unpleasant for them and it might put them off crime in future, see?

Having worked in China for a number of years I have bocome a convert to their justice system.
Everyone gets 3 chances to reform, the forth time that they are caught committing a crime (any crime) they get a bullet in the head and the family gets a bill for the cost of the bullet.
Sounds harsh, bet we wouldn't get many people re offending after the third time.

Re-open Devil's Island.
If you survive your sentence, you've earned your parole, and will definately think twice about doing anything that will get you sent back.

Dear me, whatever is this doing in current affairs and not Diamond Lil's? :lol:

Well speaking for the dyed in the woolley pulley liberals I'm with Rosie and Brigham on this one. I still find it amazing that Pentonville, the oldest working prison in the world (almost 200 years old) is still going. I have visited it and seen the conditions, and I am well aware that some prisoners belong there and I would personally rather they were kept there for the public good. However there were also far too many people there who should have been in psychiatric hospitals and would have been but for the dearth of places now available since the mass closure of the large, and equally unpalatable, psychiatric institutions pre 1983. There are also peole inside who IMHO ought not to be inside at all.

As for little old ladies who can pay their council tax but refuse - well she deserved what she got - I noted that she was paying a smaller proportion of her income in council tax than I am despite her council tax being higher. If pensioners have more to live on that many full time employees who must pay the tax, I don't see why they should get special concessions simply because they are retired. Her refusal to pay her fair share means that other (incl. single) people have to pay extra the following year to subsidise petty criminals like her. She deserved to go inside. It was a pity someone paid her fine for her and got her out.

End of rant :twisted:

Latest Threads