Shite Front Page

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by NotmeChief, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I really hate the front page (index) on here. Can we 'highlight' the actual forum instead of the moderator please. It is so hard to read.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have to say, I agree, it's possibly a bit too clumsy- the visitor may prefer the content rather than a made-up name of the person supposedly watching over.

3. Yeh! - What more powerful ally can a man have than the incomperable Ninja.
    Does that mean someone will change it?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Change? CHANGE?

Nah, doubt it.

5. Agreed. It happened when I was trying to get the wiki text up to a reasonable size - it's all tied in. Writing on my things-to-do now.

6. This is a local site for local people, we don't want any change here.
    [​IMG]

James

7. Shite!! Note to self shut down the web cam when on RR.
    NZB

8. Don't go in via the front page, bookmark the "new posts" page instead. No f***ing around at all then, straight to the action.

9. This may sound a bit stupid but which page are NmC, Ninja and GCO talking about? The one with the CP tent is not very sexy but it's clear enough. The 'front page' me and scabz appear to have bookmarked is the one with the latest topics and posts and is excellent, so please don't fiddle with that one. :)

10. The 'Forums' page on which the titles are more difficult to pick out than the names of their moderators. Like others, I tend to go in via the 'Home' page or 'Newest Posts' page which are perfectly acceptable.

11. Cheers, NG. Re: the Forums index, in the booty skin the titles (Lils, Corp, Submariners, etc) are big, black and bold (stand fast girls) whilst the moderaters names are several font sizes smaller and green. Seems OK to me. Perhaps the area titles need buffing up a tad, but other than that I think it's ok.

12. I think notmechief was talking about the forums index page - the listing of all the forums, not the front-front page or the front-front-front page.

It is now sorted - titles are in larger font, mods etc in smaller. You won't see the change instantly unless you press the Ctrl and F5 keys together which makes your browser reload the files it stores - our page layout file being one.

Thanks for prompting me to do this. It would have festered at the bottom of the things-to-do for weeks!

13. Ninja_Stoker

*cough*

See? Told you I'd get it sorted. Had to pull a few strings mind....

14. Yipee

Much better - Thanks.

Nice to see someone looks after us old buggers.