Ships TieI have been

I have been given a naval tie (please see enclosed photo), but sadly nobody seems to know which ship it came from! Can anyone help please?

It has a dar blue background, with what looks like a silver compass on the outer and a rose in the middle. It is surmounted by a naval crown! I contacted the maker Filaspun but all they can tell me it was made in the 1980s at the latest (due to the phone number on the label), but have no idea which ship etc.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

In the 1980s wouldn't have been Compass Rose, but wasn't she fictional anyway? It may well be that someone had a batch done for a ship that may be unidentifiable because of lack of detail. I wonder, like I do, if it was perhaps a souvenir from the Mary Rose (Tudor Rose) or even a bit of a dockyard version of HMS Lancaster. :cool:

Yes you are right, she was fictional,so we can excludemthat one! Lancaster wasn't launched until 1990 so it's not that either! So back to the drawing board, but thanks for your help!

I have been given a naval tie (please see enclosed photo), but sadly nobody seems to know which ship it came from! Can anyone help please?

It has a dar blue background, with what looks like a silver compass on the outer and a rose in the middle. It is surmounted by a naval crown! I contacted the maker Filaspun but all they can tell me it was made in the 1980s at the latest (due to the phone number on the label), but have no idea which ship etc.

Any help appreciated.
HMS Coreopsis perhaps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Site Issues 3
PartTimePongo Current Affairs 0
S History 16