Ships of the fleet - interview help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by officerguy, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey. I've got my second formal interview coming up (everything about me was spot on...was just lacking in service knowledge - yeah...I froze). Where can I find posters or that with ship details and such...to help me discuss the fleet?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. All the information you need is on....well have a wild guess.....yes, it's the RN website!

I fear your log on name is purely aspirational at this point............

3. I know the information is on the RN website! I have all specifications written down to study, however, I stated posters and the such. It's purely for knowledge about the ships...how to tell them apart..weapons systems...

4. Subscribe to Navy News, they usually print a poster each month.

Wikipedia is actually pretty good as well for ship information.

5. Thanks!
    I'll do that.

Wikipedia...easy to use...but I have taken heed of a friend's experience regarding President Ford (and his reign in 1830). But I'll look it up. Thanks for the help :cheers:

6. Get this British Warships and Auxiliaries 2009/10 - Navy Books

and print this off at A3 - RN_Ships_and_Subs_Jan09.pdf

The level of knowledge required at AIB is a lot more in depth than at your sift, you really need to get on top of this now.

7. Absolutely brilliant! Thanks!

I've ordered that book and that pdf file was *exactly* what I was looking for. Thanks again!