Ships decommissioned since 1997

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Allnightin, Feb 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 3 of mine on that list, 2 left to go.

2. Jesus how did that happen?

3. I would like to see the planned date of decommissioning and the actual date of those vessels, also a list of cases in which the projected replacement for a vessel has come in anywhere near the time of decommissioning. I suspect that would make embarassing reading.

4. 3 of mine also, bye bye S boats and Traf :(

5. wreckerL justout of intrested which boat did you serve on with my dad? i completly forgot.

6. Add HMS Roebuck and HMS Walney for 2010 (link). HMS Liverpool was also due to decommission in 2010 but...

HMS Liverpool's life extended until 2012

(Edited to add link)

7. It didn't happen - really. According to Liebour we are still in the middle of the biggest shipbuilding programme since the beginning of time......and have been for at least eight years!

Conveniently doesn't mention some of the other ships in 3 basin (Invincible for one and whichever old Fort is in there as well) and elsewhere either.

8. I didn't, we were at the submarine school together.

9. 3 of my old ships on that list

10. 3 of mine too - seems to be the magic number!
    Arun, Boxer, Brave.

11. Most of them weren't even launched when I was in.....sad old git..... way past my sell by date..... and way past my bedtime.... coming nurse ! :(

12. Doesn't it just.

Mine on the list were Glasgow, Newcastle and Anglesey

13. Anyone on here serve on HMS Splendid in 1984?

14. 3 of mine too, Fearless, Cardiff and Southampton...........fcking sad!

15. When I left my last ship prior to going outside it was the only one I'd served in that was still in comission. 4 years later even that was gone. Came as a bit of a shock really. 8O

Rapidly changing times I suppose :sad3:

16. No, but I got the depth gauge..!
    Looking and acting very much like the clock now prominantly displayed in the SR mess @ Raleigh. :D

17. All of mine have been scrapped, except for the one that was sunk. :cry: :cry: :cry:

18. Scylla?

19. Loathe the bitch, that "Blind Date" programme was awful.... :wink: