Ships crests/plaques

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by oberon, Feb 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I get get Ships crests/Plaques? I got a bunch off Jack Blair when I was in the mob but they seem to have shut down - well the shops aren't on Goggle Earth. They came in a red and white box and were made to order.

Yours Aye.

Oberon (DBF)

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I know a guy in Guzz who does militaria etc, he can usually get them. Do you want an email address?

• Like Like x 1
  3. That would be great

4. Dave Jack Blair has gone in Collingrad shut up shop. So sounds like they've gone under.

I asked the guy in Plymouth near the market towards Toys R Us. He doesn't sell them unfortunately. His are only display only.( this was a couple of years ago now)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have a look at the back issues of Navy News online.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Think this is the company: Home Cheers Guys> Will get you a wet next time I see you lol!

7. Oh Dave Dutchy and Jed say hi by the way

• Like Like x 1
  8. Same to them. You at Collingrad?

9. I was Dave

10. Give this lad a call.
    He purchased hundreds some years back. All genuine hand made types. None of you NAAFI knockoffs.

http://www.rbjmilitaria.com/

• Like Like x 1
  11. tiddlyoggy

Oberon, that's the same guy I know that Romany has suggested, handpainted chippy plaques, not Naafi crap. He's got every crest I've asked for me that I've never got from the ship and for my brother with older ships he had. Cheaper than eBay and Jack Blair type shops too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have a good collection of ships badges myself.I have one that I cant get any information on at all. HMS Island Princess. Im thinking she was a converted ferry, or a shore establishment.

13. I take it you got no joy with the last post on here

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/history/56812-hms-island-princess.html

14. tiddlyoggy

I asked the guy who I mentioned earlier. He said it was a converted trawler and as such probably would never have had a crest. Militaria is his living now he's outside and he is a huge spotter wrt stuff like this, so he's seldom wrong, I think you can probably stop searching.

15. Thanks T.:thumbright: Lot of those small ships must have great stories.There was one based in Eire during the war,by mutual agreement, as an ASR asset, HMS Robert Hastie. They reckon the smuggling and other shenanigans she got up to was like something from an Ealing comedy.