Ship spotters Flat.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by andym, Aug 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to Circs beyond my Control,i cant access my usual site for "Whats this Ship" so i thought i'd start one on here.

So,Whats this ship?

2. Now what site would that be Andy?
  3. Its a great site,just spoilt by some old git that cant take what he dishes out!
  4. Looks like a V class destroyer. Bit difficult to identify without a pennant number.
  5. I reckon it looks like a Scott Class Destroyer. Not sure which one.
  6. I think it's HMS HARDY, lost in 1st Battle of Narvik 1940: Flotilla Leaders funnel band, and extra 4.7 between the funnels.
  7. Nope its none of those,wrong Class and name.

9. Give that mana cream bun!

HMS Codrington D65,Sunk in Dover Harbour on 27th July 1940.

Stick one up shippers.
  10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

And for those that like to know these things, the original Codrington was the admiral who sank the Turkish fleet at the battle of Navarino (SW end of Greece) without, it seems, being asked to do so, but he thought it would be a Good Thing. His reward was the truly English one in that he had a pub named after him in Mossop St, Kensington.
  11. Ok seeing as lsadirty is slow try this one.

12. The Doc (Andym) should really explain the rules of the game,

1. if you get the ship, its your turn to post the next one
    2. ships pennant numbers should be removed before posting
    3. it is considered bad form to otherwise change the appearance of the ship in question (with the exception of obvious identifiers such as pennant numbers etc)
  13. Good points there mikh.LOL
  14. Its a target. :dwarf:

15. Foolish smelly person!

16. Seaweed

? Kingfisher class corvette at KGV's silver jubilee review? Not sure which one but not Kingfisher herself. I've cheated by looking her up in Jane's WW2 collated edition picked up cheap remaindered in the National Archives.
  17. It is a Kingfisher Class,however Originally NOT classed as a Corvette but a Patrol Vessel.All you need now is the name.The Pic is from 1937.
  18. Seaweed

OK, I think Jane's has taken the entry from their 1945 edition or so. Their pic is dated 1935 & shows Kingfisher herself dressed with masthead flags as in your pic.
  19. My Pic is definatly NOT kingfisher her self.I have a different pic for Kingfisher.Kingfisher was P36 and the vessel in Question isnt.
  20. HMS Puffin