Ship spotters Flat.

Due to Circs beyond my Control,i cant access my usual site for "Whats this Ship" so i thought i'd start one on here.

So,Whats this ship?

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
And for those that like to know these things, the original Codrington was the admiral who sank the Turkish fleet at the battle of Navarino (SW end of Greece) without, it seems, being asked to do so, but he thought it would be a Good Thing. His reward was the truly English one in that he had a pub named after him in Mossop St, Kensington.

The Doc (Andym) should really explain the rules of the game,

1. if you get the ship, its your turn to post the next one
2. ships pennant numbers should be removed before posting
3. it is considered bad form to otherwise change the appearance of the ship in question (with the exception of obvious identifiers such as pennant numbers etc)

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
? Kingfisher class corvette at KGV's silver jubilee review? Not sure which one but not Kingfisher herself. I've cheated by looking her up in Jane's WW2 collated edition picked up cheap remaindered in the National Archives.

It is a Kingfisher Class,however Originally NOT classed as a Corvette but a Patrol Vessel.All you need now is the name.The Pic is from 1937.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
OK, I think Jane's has taken the entry from their 1945 edition or so. Their pic is dated 1935 & shows Kingfisher herself dressed with masthead flags as in your pic.

My Pic is definatly NOT kingfisher her self.I have a different pic for Kingfisher.Kingfisher was P36 and the vessel in Question isnt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
dondon Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0