Ship or Sub

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Morty, Jan 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apart from being under water in a sub whats the difference between the two, how often does the sub come to sea level, and when can you come off the sub. Also are the people on the subs to friendly if you get what i mean :lol: :lol:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Why not call your AFCO: 08456 07 55 55

3. i have just been for my presentation and i forgot to ask :? :?

4. We'll start from the beginning.

1)They're called boats or submarines, never ever a "sub". That's a sandwich.

2)Generally come to periscope depth (P.D.) once a day to get the signals

3) Not sure what you mean but you can come off the boat when alongside and your not duty OR normal sea draft is 2 1/2 to 3 years OR you have to do 5 years on boats before you can go to the surface world. Pick which one you meant.

4) Yes we're all very friendly, share spank and speshul socks etc. We're all buddies in boats except when it comes to watchbills

5. Morty

Apart from being under water in a sub whats the difference between the two. One is black the other is grey
    How often does the sub come to sea level,. That's Tip Top Secret
    Also are the people on the subs to friendly if you get what i mean. No I don't know what you mean, but if you give me a kiss I'll tell you

6. haha, thanks what i mean by is is there shore leave like on boats with subMARINES

7. haha :pukeleft: :pukeleft: , but seriously are they or is it bull

8. In a nutshell yes there is shore leave when alongside. Major difference is we don't live onboard when alongside so if in your home port you live in barracks. If alongside when foreign you live in a hotel (Navy pays for it)

9. Everyone in the Navy is 'friendly' as you call it.

You can get very lonely at sea and remember it's only gay if you look back over your shoulder and lick your lips.

10. when on a submarine and you go to a foreign port..you only come in when you are duty...the rest of the time is spent in a nice lovely hotel and they give you extra cash in your hand to feed yourself with

11. what you get put in a hotel when your on a ship or submarine on shore leave thanks

12. note to self dont lick lips when look behind! thanks

13. sheeeeeeeeeeesh - all crabmariners are gay and they stay in 5 star hotels when not at sea. Is that all u wanted to know?? :roll:

14. really submarines get put in hotels!

15. FFS read the posts. ONLY submariners get put up in hotels when foreign (including non-naval UK ports). If your on a grey thing you live on the grey thing

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

No the beds are too little.

The submariners are though.

17. Yep, they are large long hotels just for them.

18. when does the navy put submariners in hotels is it once a week once a month or what

19. poor submarines

20. just when the boat is alongside in a foreign port.