Shin Splints

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Greendeath, Jan 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 am Post subject: Training Injures

A friend of mine is preparing to join the RMR, but has unfortunately started suffering from shin splints. It is a common injury and is treatable:

It is disheartening when these injuries occur. Its best to treat them and to modify your work out so that you don't aggravate them during the recovery time.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Re: Shiun Splints

I've also heard that alcohol can give you a hangover.
  3. Re: Shiun Splints

Thats a bold faced lie! Its the dodgy kebab every time! There's too much fat in it apparently.
  4. Re: Shiun Splints

He's right you know, its not the alcohol, its the dodgy kebab that knocks ten bells of crap out of your stomach. Although, whilst shiters, its also probably the most attractive thing on the menu. Especially, if you haven't trapped!!! :twisted:

5. Re: Shiun Splints

I must have got up too early this morning.

:? :?
  6. Re: Shiun Splints

I thought shiun splints were eating implements used by our oriental friends
  7. Re: Shiun Splints

Whoops a daisy. Correction: Shin Splints.

Although a kebab is still a kebab, no matter what time you get up. If you're a gorilla you will eat the left overs that you didn't polish off, before falling asleep the night before!! :D

8. wet_blobby

Don't slag down the poor defenceless kebab. It is wonder food. I was reading (yesterday?) that a kebab is in fact a portable, hand held, meal in one 24hr rat pack. It contains enough calories for 1 x 24 hour period and if you take up the salad option with it instead of scooping it out and ditching it on your oppos shoes, then it'll contain all the different food groups.

I don't think that was the thrust of the article I read but that's how I saw it. :lol:
  9. Including the meat - found in the creepy crawlies in the salad
  10. Perhaps this thread should be renamed "Shin Splints - The Curse of the Kebab"
  11. wet_blobby

I got shin splints in fact I think everyone did, nice white pussers plimsolls anyone?

The top of my foot still hurts to this day if I put pressure on it, but that's probably the stilettos digging in. :p
  12. Oh god, not the dreaded white plimsols. I remember having to cover any dirt with white blanco. We also used to do sit ups on a straight leg then too, which some times caused your back to bleed. It wasn't the pain that you had to worry about it was the problem of getting the ferkin blood stains out of your kit. Thankfully, they're a little wiser these days, using a bent leg instead of a straight one.

I wonder if rubbing a garlic splashed kebab over it would have helped! :D

13. wet_blobby

Talking white plimsols an all, do nods still wear green/yellow rugby jerseys?

P.s......remember washing the laces with dobi dust every day and hanging them in the trees to dry?
  14. Not sure about that but do you remember the Reebok Royales that i think replaced the gash pussers pumps you refer to.
  15. wet_blobby

The go-faster grey things? never did get issued them :(
  16. Blue and yellow. I think that might have been after the Hi-tec thingies they issued for a while. Us rubbers had to buy our own. Booo hoooo!! :lol:
  17. wet_blobby

Yes your right, it was the grey hi-tec shite that was issued after the pussers plimsol, did they work?
  18. They couldn't be any worse than the pussers pumps. I just opted to wear my asics because we were allowed and i didnt want to ruin my delicate little toesies!!! 8O
  19. wet_blobby

You were always that little bit speshul....... :lol:
  20. Aww thanks mate :oops:

Throbber :lol: