Shift availability

HAJT15

Hello all,

As a shift worker I can accommodate th minimum requirement, however if your available at other times are there things you can do ? Or is it as rigid as drill nights and the training weekends ?

Regards
J

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Evening,

Once you complete basic training there are loads of opportunities for juggling the time-tables to suit you, to a degree. The Initial Training format does require some application, as you might well expect. However the mandatory weekends are run a number of times over each training year, it's all a case of organising your diary.

There are plenty of shift workers in all three service reserves.
Hope that helps.
BH

huwshpis

War Hero
When I was in, there were always lots of things going on, for example, drill night was Tuesday, but additional training could be had on Thursdays or any other day you were free. The weekends and annual continuous training were on top of that.

HAJT15

Thanks for the responses, I was just scoping it out , I’ve emailed the unit direct to see when I can come down to get a feel for things. It just so happens on some of my shift rotations I have a big mid week chunks daytimes and evenings that could be utilised.

J