Shep Wooley @ Guzz Fleet Club

Salty-Dog

Lantern Swinger
Shep Wooley @ Guzz Fleet club oin support of the Diving Diseases Research Centre

Could be a good night and reasonably priced too.

http://www.nff.org.uk/

Sorry - you have to scroll down on the middle bit and click for details.

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
Kin'ell ! Is he still alive. Remember seeing him in Pompey ( Whalley club i think ) in the mid seventies when he left the mob. I was even pissed enough to buy his double L.P. which is still in the loft.

Yep, he's still about, and spent many a night in Southsea also singing along with him (and others).
I believe he also commanded the platoon at a recent parade in London - see www.hmsgangesassoc.org for piccies.
And you mention the famous (infamous ??) Whaley Club - many a clubnight spent there, though I wasn't ship's company - too many GI's for a start.... - "That man there ...DOUBLE !!"

:smile:

lesbryan

War Hero
whitemouse said:
Yep, he's still about, and spent many a night in Southsea also singing along with him (and others).
I believe he also commanded the platoon at a recent parade in London - see www.hmsgangesassoc.org for piccies.
And you mention the famous (infamous ??) Whaley Club - many a clubnight spent there, though I wasn't ship's company - too many GI's for a start.... - "That man there ...DOUBLE !!"

:smile:
shep always does his GI bit when he is at the ganges reunions if it is called for |||| :neutral:

Graybags

Lantern Swinger
And what an excellent night it was ( no pun intended ) Haven't seen Shep for 20 yrs +
Cheers Salty Dog

G

lesbryan

War Hero
Ive a few of sheps early stuff on the button and a few more tapes as well which we got with knowing him||.Being in the G association .Shep is 62 now by the way ||

dixie_gooner

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
dhobyitch said:
Yep. Just had a quick gander at his web site www.shepwolley.co.uk and he seems alive and kicking (just). must be getting on a bit. Am going to get the LP out of the loft and have a reminisce.
Well if you want to sell it, I'm interested. I prefer the sound of vinyl to CDs any day!

Steve.
I thought you prefered your CDs in vinyl :wink: :wink: