Shep Wooley @ Guzz Fleet Club

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
Kin'ell ! Is he still alive. Remember seeing him in Pompey ( Whalley club i think ) in the mid seventies when he left the mob. I was even pissed enough to buy his double L.P. which is still in the loft.

Yep, he's still about, and spent many a night in Southsea also singing along with him (and others).
I believe he also commanded the platoon at a recent parade in London - see www.hmsgangesassoc.org for piccies.
And you mention the famous (infamous ??) Whaley Club - many a clubnight spent there, though I wasn't ship's company - too many GI's for a start.... - "That man there ...DOUBLE !!"

:smile:

whitemouse said:
Yep, he's still about, and spent many a night in Southsea also singing along with him (and others).
I believe he also commanded the platoon at a recent parade in London - see www.hmsgangesassoc.org for piccies.
And you mention the famous (infamous ??) Whaley Club - many a clubnight spent there, though I wasn't ship's company - too many GI's for a start.... - "That man there ...DOUBLE !!"

:smile:
shep always does his GI bit when he is at the ganges reunions if it is called for |||| :neutral:

Ive a few of sheps early stuff on the button and a few more tapes as well which we got with knowing him||.Being in the G association .Shep is 62 now by the way ||

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Miscellaneous 0
A Diamond Lil's 7
C The Corps 4