Shaving

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by muskovardo, Nov 13, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think using common sense i know the answer to this question. I have also searched it on the forum but couldn't find anything up to date.

When i shave at home i use a shavette (disposable cut throat) I was wondering what the stance on this would be in phase 1. Understandably it could be seen as a dangerous weapon which is why im asking the question. Are the acceptable as long as i shave every day?

2. Yes, you can use razors but it would quicker with an ordinary safety razor unless you intend to slash someone to death a layer at a time.

Disposing of sharps may be a problem.

3. Thats good then, will save a fortune on blades as you can get 100 for under a 5er! Didn't want to turn up with a cut throat for someone to take it off me and me have no shaving gear.

Cheers wrecker

4. Personally I'd leave the cut throat until you finished Phase 1, stick a couple of ordinary safety razors in your grip just in case (top tip..always have a plan B) ;)

5. WreckerL probably has better information than me, but having just googled shavette and looked at the pictures, I have a feeling that such a razor could be interpreted as not complying with Standing Orders on blades. Just a thought. For Ph 1 I would certainly have a Plan B.

How long are the blades by the way?

6. Also might be a bit of a pain when you're in the field on exercise trying to shave out of a mess tin early in the morning!

7. Beads are about 2 inches long. Good point about exercise though northern-matelot hadn't thought about that!

8. I hope your joining as a skimmer.