Shaving after Phase One

I see that new entrants are required to use wet razors during Phase One training at Raleigh. I was wondering what the policy is for shaving for professional training and onward? Are we then permitted to use electric razors?

I only ask because i have to shave against the grain to make a decent job of it and if this needs to be repeated every 24 hours or so for the duration of my naval career..my face is gonna look like a baboon's butt (just looks like a normal arse at the moment).

If electric razors are forbidden on ships etc..do some people just plump for growing a beard, do they walk around with 5 o clock shadow after a half-hearted scrape or do they seriously spend 40 mintues a day in front of a mirror with a badger-hair brush and nivea lotions?

Cheers :naka:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Just do what many sprogs do - don't bother at all until I (or one of my colleagues) tells you that you need to have one, and we'll do it for you... :twisted:

I have shaved ''against the grain'' every day for over 40 yrs, trust me, your face will get used to it.......unless of course you are a pimply crater face then it is tough shit. I f you think it would be ok to saunter about with 5o'clock shadow or a half arsed attempt at shaving you are applying for the wrong job mate . :thumright:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ooh heck, I can feel another one of those threads .....

Before the inevitable abuse starts: Wet razor only for training, either type permitted afterwards.

Dunno why, it just is.

Colin747 said:
might as well ask out of curiosity :

"Wet razor only for training, either type permitted afterwards."

does this apply for BRNC
You mean, a steward doesn't do it for you!!! Or does he fluff your pillow while your shaving!

stirling said:
I have shaved ''against the grain'' every day for over 40 yrs, trust me, your face will get used to it.......unless of course you are a pimply crater face then it is tough shit. I f you think it would be ok to saunter about with 5o'clock shadow or a half arsed attempt at shaving you are applying for the wrong job mate . :thumright:
Bang on!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
muskovardo Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
BillyNoMates Diamond Lil's 0
JonnoJonno Diamond Lil's 17