Shaving after Phase One

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Phildo, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see that new entrants are required to use wet razors during Phase One training at Raleigh. I was wondering what the policy is for shaving for professional training and onward? Are we then permitted to use electric razors?

I only ask because i have to shave against the grain to make a decent job of it and if this needs to be repeated every 24 hours or so for the duration of my naval career..my face is gonna look like a baboon's butt (just looks like a normal arse at the moment).

If electric razors are forbidden on ships etc..do some people just plump for growing a beard, do they walk around with 5 o clock shadow after a half-hearted scrape or do they seriously spend 40 mintues a day in front of a mirror with a badger-hair brush and nivea lotions?

Cheers :naka:

2. Your face wasnt that bad on the RNAC you must meen a babys arse. Wouldn't mind finding this out myself?

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just do what many sprogs do - don't bother at all until I (or one of my colleagues) tells you that you need to have one, and we'll do it for you... :twisted:

4. Are you an instructor aye?

5. sgtpepperband

No. Reggy, Snake, Crusher, etc... RN Policeman! :thumright:

6. I have shaved ''against the grain'' every day for over 40 yrs, trust me, your face will get used to it.......unless of course you are a pimply crater face then it is tough shit. I f you think it would be ok to saunter about with 5o'clock shadow or a half arsed attempt at shaving you are applying for the wrong job mate . :thumright:

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ooh heck, I can feel another one of those threads .....

Before the inevitable abuse starts: Wet razor only for training, either type permitted afterwards.

Dunno why, it just is.

8. Pusser trying to save on the lecky bill no doubt.

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

10. sgtpepperband

Monkeys are RMPs... :wink:

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

12. might as well ask out of curiosity :

"Wet razor only for training, either type permitted afterwards."

does this apply for BRNC

13. You mean, a steward doesn't do it for you!!! Or does he fluff your pillow while your shaving!

14. sgtpepperband

No. A Steward does it for you... 8O

15. Two great minds SGT P!

16. I hope that was a bite!

17. Bang on!

18. I believe after training officers are allowed to wax. :thumright:

IDOITDEEPER

19. Why not use immac?

20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just out of interest do you fellas joining up use a mirror to shave?