Sharkey you would cry

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Jun 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He won't be crying, it's the harrier rotting in the Arizona dust, not his ego. The self important tool will be too busy near missing civvies in his car and counting them as "kills".
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I ******* give up.

Appearing posts, disappearing posts. Shit's gone crazy.
  3. If I remember correctly the cabs are left in the desert as it tends to keep them in good nick, ISTR that as Gulf war 1 kicked off the US Air force nipped down and got a fair few of their A10's back into running order pretty sharpish? No doubt most of the good bits will have been taken out and "recycled" already.
  4. They are kept in the desert as there is minimal moisture therefore minimal chance of corrosion.
  5. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

The Sharkey is a chimp debate is all well and good, he certainly stirred up a lot of heat and light pre- and during Ellamy but I wonder how much money has actually been saved by shelving the SHAR fleet and a CVS in the period since they went, put into context against the money we appear to have magically saved in the EP and have even managed to build up as a contingency. PT as will many others know, these sums are allegedly massive and whilst I suspect there is some cute accounting we do seem to have ceased some projects and reaped a dividend.

I don't think the savings we made on SHAR/CVS will have been that significant in the great scheme of things. I still wonder what was the driving force behind their retirement and the Navy's acceptance of quite a considerable gap in FW aviation and carrier capability?