SFA Entitlement

Discussion in 'UPO' started by digger84, Sep 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am currently still going through a divorce and having read both JSP's 752 & 754 I have a couple of questions.

    I am PS 5(S); my ex who is in the mob is PS 1(S). We have a son together who I get regular access to, mainly a couple of nights a week and two weekends each month. Would I be entitled to apply for SFA and what PS cat will I become?

  2. Cheers Stix
  3. This question regarding SFA can't be answered until you have changed PStat Cat. Your PStat Cat will change to 2, 3 or 4 depending upon the level of responsibilty you have for your son.

    Given what you have said here:

    You won't be classed as the prime mover and therefore won't qualify for PStat Cat 2. The difference between 3 and 4 is linked to how you support your son financially and not really relevant to SFA.

    To be entitled to SFA you need to be in PStat Cat 2.

    If you are in any other PStat Cat you can apply for surplus SFA, your application will be low in the priority stakes and any allocation would be subject to availablity. When in surplus SFA should there be a requirement to give notice to vacate for any reason (such as refurbishment of estates etc) then you have no automatic entitlement to rehousing and they only have to give you 28 days notice.

    Hope this helps!
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

Share This Page