Sex in the RN ( Daily Mail)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. But will the mob troop them for breaching the "no touching rule" as they were on a naval base at the time???
  2. Interesting how they are allowed to name and publish a photo of him :-|
  3. Typical, the Daily Mail thinks that we still have WRENS. No name or photograph of her. It would probably be in breach of her oooman rights or some shit like that.
  4. Aye, yet id have thought keeping his privacy intact would also have been priority
  5. Do I understand it that RN courts martial are now carried out by civil judges under civil laws and procedures?
  6. No. It will probably be because the court imposed reporting restrictions under the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yes. And have done so for some time.
  8. All Service Discipline Acts (SDAs), including the Naval Discipline Act, were subsumed into an Armed Forces Act that came into full effect on 31 October 2009. See the MoD's Overview of the Service Justice System which contains this passage:

Cdre Jeff Blackett became the civilian Judge Advocate General as His Honour Judge Blackett after leaving the RN as Chief Naval Judge Advocate in 2004. He has since presided over the single system of courts-martial for all three services. His biography makes interesting reading. In August 2010, he was appointed Special Professor in the School of Law at the University of Nottingham as described here.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  9. Thanks, I wasn't aware.
  10. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

*jumps on soapbox*

Women like this seriously pi$$ me off. They clearly can't understand that they are doing equality of the sexes no favours at all, and give women who aren't so foolish a bad name. I'm not excusing misogynistic, sexist behaviour, particularly when it is unwanted, rebuffed, and then keeps happening, but it seems a man only has to look at a woman the wrong way for her to scream "rape". Cases such as these only serve to reduce the impact of real rape court cases, of which there are worryingly few when you consider the number of women who are believed to have been sexually abused each year.

*gets off soapbox*
  11. Er, no, it's called the law. Those who attend the court will know who she is, but they are not allowed to publicise it beyond the court - unless the judge lifts the anonymity... which he didn't.

I'd seriously advise anyone not to publish it on here if they did know it... Otherwise, contempt of court, visit from the rozzers, long time in jail... :-o
  12. I agree with magda
  13. Probably right there Ed. Does raise issues though about the falsely accused being named by the media
  14. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

It should be a case of either name them both or name neither IMO. The amount of damage that is done by stupid bitches like that to the men is no joke, not to mention the damage done to women who really have been raped! Really grips my shit.
  15. Magda

The men will always carry the stigma of "rape case" whether they are guilty or innocent and that is NOT fair (on the innocent ones obviously).
  16. Yes; fingers will be pointed people will say "He's that bloke that had sex..........With a girl!!!"
  17. Magda

Is this an unusual occurrence in his particular branch, then?
  18. Well thats a new un

We all used to be at it like catholic rabbits once the WRNS were seagoing. I remember one young red headed woman taking on a messdeck full of sailors during one of our voyages across the oceans. She had casually mentioned that none of them were man enough to satisfy her ...that was taken as a challenge ....and the lads took on that challenge ...Wouldnt look like butter would melt in her mouth .......
  19. And was she saitisified?