Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sevastopol 2017

Sadindiefreak

To use your logic, it was acceptable for Adolph Hitler to invade and occupy the Sudetenland although it was part of Czechoslovakia because it was mainly populated by ethic Germans who felt badly treated by the Czechs. Or for Russia to invade Eastern Poland after Hitler had precipitated WW11 by invading Western Poland because history says they were previously the rulers of Poland.

If you are going to make statements of atrocities you need to support them with links to the news source and story so others can make there own judgment on the authenticity of the story.

And yes, GW Bush was wrong to invade Iraq but unfortunately Saddam had given him previous excuse to do so as Saddam had invaded both Iran and Kuwait. You cannot invade other Sovereign states and then complain when somebody bigger comes along and stamps on you.

Now what part of Russia did Georgia invade?


NUtty
 

sadindiefreak

Midshipman
Nutty said:
Sadindiefreak
If you are going to make statements of atrocities you need to support them with links to the news source and story so others can make there own judgment on the authenticity of the story.
NUtty

My wife found a few news clips on the internet from the time.
I would post the link up but I doubt you will understand as they are in Russian and Ukrainian.
Somehow the Western Press failed to report it.
 
Get a grip, Sad, of course the Western Press failed to mention it.

Your lot are still the baddies, after all.

(and according to the Scottish Press, so are the Pars!)
 

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Lamri said:
Oil_Slick said:
US Secretary of Defence is now openly saying that if Georgia joins NATO, any attack by Russia will lead to an armed response…


Erm, maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but isn't that the way its meant to be?
A NATO country gets attacked, the rest of NATO wades in?
Am I wrong here?
Or are you the one being a bit melodramatic :roll:


Which bit do you find hard to understand?

That the Yanks are trying to strong arm NATO into signing up Georgia that has an ongoing hot territtorial dispute with Russia that has broken out into fisticuffs on 3 occassions or that the Yanks are trying to strong arm us into a guaranteed hot war with Russia?


NATO is a 'defensive' entity, it was never intended that people who have and currently are in a state of war could join up after the event so they can drag us into their private war.

Fvck Georgia, It's Bush's 'special project' and is no concern of ours.
 
sadindiefreak said:
Nutty said:
Sadindiefreak
If you are going to make statements of atrocities you need to support them with links to the news source and story so others can make there own judgment on the authenticity of the story.
NUtty

My wife found a few news clips on the internet from the time.
I would post the link up but I doubt you will understand as they are in Russian and Ukrainian.
Somehow the Western Press failed to report it.

And what about the ethnic cleansing done by the Russians and their chums after they invaded, ethnic cleansing seams very popular with the Russians and their friends.

If what the Georgians did in their breakaway areas was so wrong why was what Russia did to the Chechens right?

It was intersting to see that western investment money has been flowing out of Russia very fast since the invasion, and that may well set Russian development back years.
 
Oil_Slick said:
Lamri said:
Oil_Slick said:
US Secretary of Defence is now openly saying that if Georgia joins NATO, any attack by Russia will lead to an armed response…


Erm, maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but isn't that the way its meant to be?
A NATO country gets attacked, the rest of NATO wades in?
Am I wrong here?
Or are you the one being a bit melodramatic :roll:


Which bit do you find hard to understand?

That the Yanks are trying to strong arm NATO into signing up Georgia that has an ongoing hot territtorial dispute with Russia that has broken out into fisticuffs on 3 occassions or that the Yanks are trying to strong arm us into a guaranteed hot war with Russia?


NATO is a 'defensive' entity, it was never intended that people who have and currently are in a state of war could join up after the event so they can drag us into their private war.

Fvck Georgia, It's Bush's 'special project' and is no concern of ours.

I don't find any of it hard to understand, its perfectly clear that if a member of NATO gets invaded, that is seen as an invasion of ALL member states. Is that not clear enough for you? :roll:
 
sadindiefreak said:
Nutty said:
Sadindiefreak
If you are going to make statements of atrocities you need to support them with links to the news source and story so others can make there own judgment on the authenticity of the story.
NUtty

My wife found a few news clips on the internet from the time.
I would post the link up but I doubt you will understand as they are in Russian and Ukrainian.
Somehow the Western Press failed to report it.

Please post the link anyway.

Just out of interest, were these news reports in pro-Moscow newspapers or those run by sympathisers of the opposition parties in Ukraine?

The Russian media had many atrocity reports just before the invasion of Georgia & afterwards, using these claims (unverified by independent sources) to try to legitimise their invasion & occupation of Georgia. Hitler used similar tactics to justify invading Poland. The Tsars (and pre-WW2 Polish government) used similar properganda (ie lies) to justify anti-Jewish legislation, etc.
 

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Lamri said:
Oil_Slick said:
Lamri said:
Oil_Slick said:
US Secretary of Defence is now openly saying that if Georgia joins NATO, any attack by Russia will lead to an armed response…


Erm, maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but isn't that the way its meant to be?
A NATO country gets attacked, the rest of NATO wades in?
Am I wrong here?
Or are you the one being a bit melodramatic :roll:


Which bit do you find hard to understand?

That the Yanks are trying to strong arm NATO into signing up Georgia that has an ongoing hot territtorial dispute with Russia that has broken out into fisticuffs on 3 occassions or that the Yanks are trying to strong arm us into a guaranteed hot war with Russia?


NATO is a 'defensive' entity, it was never intended that people who have and currently are in a state of war could join up after the event so they can drag us into their private war.

Fvck Georgia, It's Bush's 'special project' and is no concern of ours.

I don't find any of it hard to understand, its perfectly clear that if a member of NATO gets invaded, that is seen as an invasion of ALL member states. Is that not clear enough for you? :roll:


You clearly do have a basic problem…

You seem fine with signing up a country to NATO that is ALREADY in an ongoing state of war with Russia for the last 18 years… You really that keen to die or just talking tough on the internet?


Georgia has precisely fvck all to do with what NATO was set up to do… Which bit of the North Atlantic does central asia and former Soviet republics cover? Next thing we'll be signing up Iraq to NATO, effectively same part of the world.
 
Erm, when have I mentioned Georgia?
Where is your link that states Ukraine has been in a constant state of war with Russia for the past 18 years?

All I have stated, have been simple facts.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary welcomes new EU sanctions against facilitators of the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol MoD News 0
janner Sevastopol Submarine Base Submariners 5
MoD_RSS June Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS April Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: extension of 2017 crime contract to 31 March 2022 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recommendations for the Prudential Regulation Committee: 2017 to 2019 Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recommendations for the Financial Conduct Authority: 2017 to 2019 Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: extension of 2017 crime contract to 31 March 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: extension of 2017 crime contract to 31 March 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary Medicines Pharmacovigilance Annual Review 2017: Summary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Hepatitis C deaths fall by 16 per cent between 2015 and 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Speech: Melanie Hopkins welcomes back 2017/2018 Fijian Chevening scholars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Outbreaks of Koi herpesvirus (KHV) disease in 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Surveillance Camera Commissioner’s annual report, 2017 to 2018 published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman launches Ofsted's Annual Report 2017/18 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Aircraft Accident Report AAR 2/2018 - C-FWGH, 21July 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 100 diwrnod i fynd i gyflwyno’ch Ffurflen Dreth ar gyfer 2017/18 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 100 days left to file your 2017 to 2018 tax return MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Updating of RAIB report 18/2017, Sandilands junction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The 2017 annual return deadline is approaching MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: British Ambassador to Russia briefing on the Salisbury attack: 22 March 2017 MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news December 2017 The Quarterdeck 4
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister's Christmas 2017 message to the Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM address to troops at RAF Akrotiri: 22 December 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PM press statement in Poland: 21 December 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary's Christmas message 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with President Erdogan of Turkey: 18 December 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Annual Human Rights Day reception 2017: Lord Ahmad's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with President Macri of Argentina: 13 December 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with Prime Minister Barzani: 12 December 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 2017 post-season air display symposium MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news November 2017 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS News story: HRH The Prince of Wales awards MOD Apprentice of the Year 2017 MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Final Book Comp of 2017 - WORD OF WAR Competitions 23
Ageing_Gracefully Christmas Draw 2017 - CLOSES on Boxing Day Competitions 45
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with King Abdullah of Jordan: 30 November 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM visit to Saudi Arabia: 29 November 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PM meeting with Prime Minister Yildirim: 27 November 2017 MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The 2017 Chrimbo thread Diamond Lil's 322
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with President Sisi of Egypt: 25 Nov 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM attending Eastern Partnership summit: 23 November 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Gallipoli Memorial Lecture 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM speech to the Lord Mayor's Banquet 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: United Kingdom Defence Adviser's Speech at 2017's Remembrance Day Luncheon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary attends November 2017 EU Foreign Affairs Council meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Global MilSatCom conference 2017 MoD News 0
janner Submariners Remembrance 2017 Submariners 8
MoD_RSS Press release: Dstl victory at Women in Defence UK Awards 2017 MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news October 2017 The Quarterdeck 1
L Royal Navy AET 2017 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top