Serving Soldier to Lead Anti-War Demonstration

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if he'll be made duty on the day of the march, just to avoid any embarrasing situations.
  2. That is hopefully what will happen, best all round I think. After all can a aerving soldier lead a march of thi skind and not expect repercussions?
  3. Why shouldn't a serving soldiier be allowed to protest against the war?
    So long as he has and will do his duty and go where and when he is told to go, and fight when ordered then I see no reason why he should not be allowed to state his case.

However in this case the soldier deserted and should no longer be regarded as a soldier.
  4. He's been on the run for two years...deserter.... let his mates down.
    no credibility, no honour, no guts !
    If he'd just come back from the front line I'd back him all the way, but to skulk away until it suits him cuts no ice with me.
  5. He's got previous form of disobeying direct orders - not sure if making him duty will stop him.

I hope he's not expecting much support from others in the Armed Forces.
  6. I wonder who recruited him to lead the march? Putting that aside I find putting him out the front a tad pathetic.
  7. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't understand whats going on. If he is on the run, and has been for two years, how come he has not been arrested? They must know, with all this publicity, where he can be found. Why isn't he in custody awaiting his Court Martial?
  8. I fully agree. Completely baffled that this is allowed to happen.
  9. He has returned to normal duties awaiting court martial in November.
  10. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Surely he has had restrictions placed on his movements due to the nature of the charge? To answer my own question.. obviously not if he can take part in this march. The mind boggles. Does he think that his participation will be good for his case?
  11. He probably thinks with some justification that whatever he does now will not make his situation any worse.It also should be remembered that he is awaiting Court Marshal so in theory at least, he is innocent.
  12. The marshal could always round up a possee and go get him.
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If the guy had previously stated his "disgruntlement" without a previously piss-poor disciplinary record & prior to being given notice to deploy, then he would possibly have a slither of credibility, despite the fact that the armed forces are supposed to be apolitical.

As it is, one can only assume if he's had previous active service in the area with a genuine political insight, then perhaps he should have submitted notice to quit before finding out he was about to be deployed.

The word 'coward' springs to mind.
  14. He'll be offered a job as Mr Galloways MP bitch. I'll settle for your definition for both "men" Ninja
  15. This guy is a rank coward, not even a front line soldier, just a rasher splasher who needs three years in M.C.T.C. It is my earnest hope that he never fathers children, what a stigma to grow up with, "Yer dad,s a chuffin yellow belly". :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  16. So how long does it take the Army to set up a Court Martial? Surely this prat should be under close arrest or some other form of custody.
  17. For me he should in Colchester :D