Discussion in 'The Corps' started by 89stavanger, May 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the minimum service for a Royal Marines officer, i've been told various amounts of time from 3 years to 4 and a 1/2. My eyesight is -2 and i was wondering whether laser eye surgery would improve my chances.
  2. Not sure about the return of service however why join the RM if you are gonna leave as soon as you can?
    My missus had lazer eye surgery and has not looked back since! its completely transformed her life. If you can offord it go for it! she went from wearing what i thought were quite thick glasses (2/3mm thick) to not having to wear any at all. AMAZING!
  3. i want to serve my country but i also want to get into another career while i'm young enough, seems strange i know, but really it's a nod to family tradition.
  4. Then pick a Service/Trade that will give you the satisfaction of serving your country AND when you do leave, give you a background/qualification that will prove useful in the afterlife as a civvy.
  5. I've got qualifications already, i just want to serve.
  6. Does anyone know what the minimum service is? This just so i have the option of getting out in time to start at a uni berofe i'm classed as a mature student, much harder to get in then.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, did the operation go wrong then?! :lol:
  8. TWAT! LMAO :rofl:
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Aye thank yooo... I'm here all week! :wink:
  10. lol so no one knows the minimum service and the procedure for getting out?
  11. Dunno about length of service, ask at the Recruiting Office but thought if you wanted out before your time, you had to part with some cash ?
  12. You will have to do 12months probation and once you reach your return of service date (after 4 years for OR's) you can give 12 months notice.

However in my opinion the RM is not for you if you just want to use it as a stoking filler before going to uni.
  13. thanks for answering, i'm not certain i want to stay 22 years