Service Numbers

Sumo

War Hero
The low tech ID card was a great help to me whilst in Australia. As I was only 20 and therefore not officially allowed to enter their RSL clubs(the equivalent if the British Legion Club but more like a top boozer with entertainment) until I was 21. A slight adjustment was required to get me past the "jobsworth" doormen. Seven became five without too much trouble and it was "cheers cobber".:p
that's why the reggies at collinggrad put a big red X across them:(

CU Jimmy

Midshipman
D067*** Andrew 28 years(13 March '62-04 April '90, then 4 more in the RAN.Enjoyed(Almost)every minute of it and would do it all over again.Up Spirits(Stand fast the Holy Ghost)

Dusty70

War Hero
D118

Joined 70 passing out at Raleigh and Pembroke the parade grounds were full

went to see my son passing out Raleigh 2007 - 5 classes on that massive parade ground - sad.................

you went into a dockyard in 70s/80s and crammed with ships - now you go to Pompey and don't see any active ones - don't even start me on Chatham.......................................................

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
Some pictures of Springtrain 82 taken in or around Gib just prior to Falklands conflict.

Great to see ships carrying OOW Manoeuvres..1Gib%20Springtrain.jpgGib82.2.pngGib82.3.pngGib82.4.jpgGib82.png

Archstoker

Midshipman
Maybe that is why its in this thread then? Basically anything to do with Navy or numbers ...or both ?
Oh dear I've confused myself now o_O
Wait its oh yes service numbers mine was
D162 then D196 and then RAN just have numbers ... 849..

MOLE

Maybe that is why its in this thread then? Basically anything to do with Navy or numbers ...or both ?
Oh dear I've confused myself now o_O
Wait its oh yes service numbers mine was
D162 then D196 and then RAN just have numbers ... 849..
Here in New Zealand we have a Letter before our number doesn't matter what service you are

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P WW2 Service numbers Submariners 5
D *** Service Numbers The Quarterdeck 1
D Identifying service numbers Bases / Shore Est 17
Seaweed Service numbers 1939-45 History 7
sexbody service numbers Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
S service numbers???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
F NON CHANGE OF UY/SUY SERVICE NUMBERS ON ENTRY TO BRNC The Fleet 40
A "New" Service Numbers Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS Rail passengers see major service boost with new £40 million Stevenage station platform MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of the new Chief of the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) MoD News 0
D Service Family Accommodation Nearest & Dearest 8
MoD_RSS The Insolvency Service newsletter: Summer 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New online service to improve Lasting Power of Attorney MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public service pensions update: a GAD technical bulletin MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alex Chisholm speech at Civil Service Live 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online Repayment Service - you talked, we listened MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stable service delivery for tenants continues in social housing sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC Launches New Online Repayment Service MoD News 0
T What is the contract of service for the royal navy rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Coronavirus recovery in Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunal Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS “The privilege of public service” given as the Ditchley Annual Lecture MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DWP service update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DWP service update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra UK Government funding for service charities supporting people across Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra funding for service charities as veterans’ support is stepped up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC unveils new Digital Evidence Submission service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Register for Civil Service Live Online now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Problem with Companies House email service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA launches online service to change address on vehicle log book (V5C) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local authorities across England receive funding to support new Test and Trace service MoD News 0
C Submarine Service Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
G Why is Length of Service so short? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS National Careers Service Virtual Jobs Fair returns on June 8 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh winners of the 2020 Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Winners of the 2020 Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches NHS Test and Trace service MoD News 0
F Looking for information about Grandads pre-war ship service record... Can anyone help? History 13
MoD_RSS Up to £15 million to support the Citizens Advice service during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
O Change of service in training Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS £300 million additional funding for local authorities to support new test and trace service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Service Coffee Connect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1000 jobs promoted to local job seekers at National Careers Service virtual jobs fair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD’s clients share their views of our service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guarantee on death in service benefits for frontline health and care staff during pandemic MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Letter from the Paymaster General to the European Commission and the European External Action Service: 27 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New video service for deaf claimants accessing Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF guidance for creditors on temporary suspension of debt service repayments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC to accept service of legal proceedings by email MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR donates protective suits to Ambulance Service in Cumbria to fight COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The VMD switchboard service is currently unavailable MoD News 0