Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Service Numbers

lsadirty,
we are so close we have got to know each other.
my first draft out of training was to seaeagle in mid-july 62.
who were you on stalker with? (was it some sort of depot ship?)
the alan? in you class, could it have been collicot? (came from east anglia somewhere)
i ws at seaeagle with a jsa called paddy plant. ring any bells?

janc

janc said:
lsadirty,
we are so close we have got to know each other.
my first draft out of training was to seaeagle in mid-july 62.
who were you on stalker with? (was it some sort of depot ship?)
the alan? in you class, could it have been collicot? (came from east anglia somewhere)
i ws at seaeagle with a jsa called paddy plant. ring any bells?

janc

STALKER was the old LST on the other side of the river from SEA EAGLE that served as a sort of submarine depot ship, also known as 3515 Strand Road cos it never left the wall. My boss was SPO Bob Peacock, the Victualling SA was Sammy Smyth. The Alan in 37S was Freeman, good swimmer from Ipswich.
Only SA at SEA EAGLE I knew was at Lisahally, Slinger Wood, little Lancastrian, good footballer.

Just been looking at these numbers and dits! How's mine rate? Still serving full time in Guzz (untill August when I join the great unwashed in Civvy Street). Joined 29/07/1975 at Ganges (stood on the button for those in the know!), still got a pulse and can show the sprogs a clean set of heels in the RNFT. Number? D151****. Keep it wet 'n'warm!

yes, remember the stalker, i was allowed to take boxes to her , if i was a good lad! it put me in good stead as i had draft to the anzio in 64 and was allowed to hump loads of boxes on there as well.
seem to recall bob as a rather chubby fellow but never met the sa(v).
slinger woods was a bit of a footballer, came from accrington, well someone has to.
any clues now as to wo you are?

janc said:
yes, remember the stalker, i was allowed to take boxes to her , if i was a good lad! it put me in good stead as i had draft to the anzio in 64 and was allowed to hump loads of boxes on there as well.
seem to recall bob as a rather chubby fellow but never met the sa(v).
slinger woods was a bit of a footballer, came from accrington, well someone has to.
any clues now as to wo you are?

Jan Berry

P059 then C023

And I'm still a skin & essence OD (at heart anyway)

True Dit:

Joined RNC Greenwich early and first at (empty) bar on day Zero.

Sez I: Pink Gin please.

Sez old-timer bar steward (ex-RN): Certainly sir, but all of the younger officers are drinking horses necks these days.

So I immediately became younger, after that very first Pink Gin in the bunhouse, of course!!

D082.....Ganges monster recruitment. Po's Clutton and Smith Instructors.
There was a Lt/Cdr who used to trail along followed by his pet bulldog called "Flags". Captain Price VC was the CO at the time.

Latest Threads