Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Service Numbers

Jerry_Hatrick said:
janner said:
Jerry you daft old bugger, you've not put yourself in the right order, lets see thats four entries and three got it wrong, mine was only right because I was first 8)

Unreserved appologies Jan. Is this any better?

janner:
I've done this for starters, cut and paste adding your own details in the correct order.
Newbies are already trying this on their going to Raleigh thread.

janner1960 P/054 LRO Mercury-Brocklesby-Ulster-Dolphin-Alaric-Oberon-TRV7-Amphion-Artemis 1970

Oracle1963 P/O79, Stoker-Raleigh,Messina,-Reclaim-Dolphin-Walrus-RNDQs-Spare Crew Faslane-Sealion, Porpoise-Oracle 1973

WreckerL1973 D143 OEM Ganges-Bulwark-Superb-Sovereign x2-Turbulent-Tireless-2400 spare crew-Torbay-Spartan-Trafalgar 2007

Jerry_Hatrick1954 P/938 LRO Ganges-Woodbridge Haven-Dundas-Yarnton-Cavalier-President-Phoenicia-Murray-President 1966

Jerry

You've not got the hang of this have you Jerry, I'm guessing you were a Bunting :lol:

Thermopylea, 1960 P/057 Ld/g Seaman,St Vincent,Dryad ,Scarborough, Yarmouth,Pembroke,Zulu,Dolphin, Thermopylea,Resolution(Stbd), Repulse(Stbd)1971

[quote="lsadirty
Mine was 065, left Chatham May 62 as PSA)S) -
Ginger Rogers was my instructor.[/quote]

OK Isa, so you can tap dance ?

Tom
JACK(S) 972

Have just spent the best part of an hour trawling through 62 pages of this site. Found that there are some old buggers around still.... 'Virago' C/JX661, 'Sippers' C/JX546, 'Navy Walsh' P/LX894, 'Sidon 55' P/SSX889, 'Red Sailor' P/MX654, 'Tansy' C/902. So my D/JX 901 feels more at home in this company. I only started this internet 'thingie' 12 months ago, so you can teach old dogs new tricks! I don't understand it, I just muddle through. ( until J-H starts bemusing me!)

TomO said:
[quote="lsadirty
Mine was 065, left Chatham May 62 as PSA)S) -
Ginger Rogers was my instructor.

OK Isa, so you can tap dance ?

Tom
JACK(S) 972[/quote]

No, but became an expert in the Faslane Shuffle - cross between the Shadows dance steps, and a whirling dervish on Newcastle Broon, with the occasional gyro topple thrown in for fun....

(granny) said:
Have just spent the best part of an hour trawling through 62 pages of this site. Found that there are some old buggers around still.... 'Virago' C/JX661, 'Sippers' C/JX546, 'Navy Walsh' P/LX894, 'Sidon 55' P/SSX889, 'Red Sailor' P/MX654, 'Tansy' C/902. So my D/JX 901 feels more at home in this company. I only started this internet 'thingie' 12 months ago, so you can teach old dogs new tricks! I don't understand it, I just muddle through. ( until J-H starts bemusing me!)

Not to worry you Granny but Sidon55, Nick Carter, died a couple of years ago.

My effort to get official numbers in some sort of order for ease of reference has now ceased, I know when I am beaten :roll:

Didn't know Noah, but I sailed with his old man.
Ah, they were days.
'course the lash never did me any harm,all the better for it.
And all this was fields when I were a lad.
And you can't get spangles any more. I liked the yeller one best.
Oh yeh. Raleigh sep 73 D140. And my mate, 'e were D140 too.
Funny 'ow things turn out.

Smudge was

D238 (Nov 1996)

Raleigh, Collingwood (3 times) Liverpool, Osprey(Air station comms office), Sandown, Cromer, Neptune(twice)(Commcen), Nelson (commcen),CFM Portsmouth, CDRE MFP, FOSNNI, Lancaster, careers office Inverness :D

D173 - Oct 78 Mercury - Ardent - Ghurkha - Whitehall - Alacrity - Northwood - Brilliant

I feel quite honoured in some of the distinguished careers I have observed.

lsadirty,
further to my posting on the submarine jd's page.
i note you left pembroke in may 62 as a psa(s).
i was in class 39s, instructor spo(s) robson, and left pembroke in june 62.
can you give me a couple of pointers as to who you are?

janc

janc said:
lsadirty,
further to my posting on the submarine jd's page.
i note you left pembroke in may 62 as a psa(s).
i was in class 39s, instructor spo(s) robson, and left pembroke in june 62.
can you give me a couple of pointers as to who you are?

janc

We were Class 37S, instructor Ginger Rogers: rest of class were Dave Fairs, Alan Freeman, Topsy Turner, George Greene, Scouse Reilly and me. Went to STALKER in Derry - some people would fall in a bucket of sh1te and come up with a Liverpool season ticket - I did !!

Latest Threads