Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Service Numbers

SILVER_FOX said:
It's worthy of note that this posting, which started in Feb 2006, has 900 replies and almost 86000 views so there is no disputing it's popularity.

So why not then come up with a way of putting a database on the noticeboard which would show RR username, year of entry and partial service number in some form of order to allow the rest of us to see how many members joined at or around our own joining timeline. You could even include class name and number (ie: Blake 26 or Cunningham 10).

I'm not clever enough but maybe one of the MODs could oblige.

SF

Could be an good idea to put forward to the CO's but it may cause them a headache or two and dunno if they have enough time at this moment.

There was a thread started on here, service docs I think it was but a whole lot of people did not want to post them no matter how minimal, ie, date joined ships etc.

Rumrat said:
(granny) said:
Jerry_Hatrick said:
Granny,

Nothing wrong with having a P or a slash.

Jerry[/quote

Clever clogs!! Help, my quick burst of repartee has dissappeared.

I tell you what I did think was ace did you notice that when I was extracting the proverbial that my posting was the 901st on this thread and it was in celebration of your No.
A GI stuck for words?
Not in this mans Navy.

Fame at last!!

janc said:
i was also 066***. (ex-jack dusty(S). left pembroke in min-1962)
don't feel that old really, just look it, but can remember the pusser when us jack dusties dished out the bubbly.
janc

ps:anyone out there from class 39(s).

Mine was 065, left Chatham May 62 as PSA)S) - Ginger Rogers was my instructor.

I've done this for starters, cut and paste adding your own details in the correct order.[/ Newbies are already trying this on their going to Raleigh thread.

Joined Off/No Branch Drafts Left

1960 P/054 LRO Mercury-Brocklesby-Ulster-Dolphin-Alaric-Oberon-TRV7-Amphion-Artemis 1970

1963 P/O79, Stoker, Raleigh,Messina, Reclaim, Dolphin, Walrus, RNDQs, Spare Crew Faslane, Sealion, Porpoise, Oracle, 1973

I've done this for starters, cut and paste adding your own details in the correct order. Newbies are already trying this on their going to Raleigh thread.

janner
1960 P/054 LRO Mercury-Brocklesby-Ulster-Dolphin-Alaric-Oberon-TRV7-Amphion-Artemis 1970

Oracle
1963 P/O79, Stoker, Raleigh,Messina, Reclaim, Dolphin, Walrus, RNDQs, Spare Crew Faslane, Sealion, Porpoise, Oracle, 1973

janner said:
I've done this for starters, cut and paste adding your own details in the correct order.

janner

Sorry Janner. Missread your intention.

janner said:
I've done this for starters, cut and paste adding your own details in the correct order. Newbies are already trying this on their going to Raleigh thread.

janner

Oracle

WreckerL
1973 D143 OEM Ganges, Bulwark, Superb, Sovereign x2, Turbulent, Tireless, 2400 spare crew, Torbay, Spartan, Trafalgar, 2007/

edited to say sorry janner, I monged the cut and paste

janner:

janner

Oracle

WreckerL
1973 D143 OEM Ganges, Bulwark, Superb, Sovereign x2, Turbulent, Tireless, 2400 spare crew, Torbay, Spartan, Trafalgar, 2007

Jerry_Hatrick
1954 P/938 LRO Ganges, Woodbridge Haven, Dundas, Yarnton, Cavalier, Presdent, Phoenicia, Murray, President, 1966

Jerry

Jerry you daft old bugger, you've not put yourself in the right order, lets see thats four entries and three got it wrong, mine was only right because I was first 8)

janner said:
Jerry you daft old bugger, you've not put yourself in the right order, lets see thats four entries and three got it wrong, mine was only right because I was first 8)

Unreserved appologies Jan. Is this any better?

janner:
I've done this for starters, cut and paste adding your own details in the correct order.
Newbies are already trying this on their going to Raleigh thread.

janner1960 P/054 LRO Mercury-Brocklesby-Ulster-Dolphin-Alaric-Oberon-TRV7-Amphion-Artemis 1970

Oracle1963 P/O79, Stoker-Raleigh,Messina,-Reclaim-Dolphin-Walrus-RNDQs-Spare Crew Faslane-Sealion, Porpoise-Oracle 1973

WreckerL1973 D143 OEM Ganges-Bulwark-Superb-Sovereign x2-Turbulent-Tireless-2400 spare crew-Torbay-Spartan-Trafalgar 2007

Jerry_Hatrick1954 P/938 LRO Ganges-Woodbridge Haven-Dundas-Yarnton-Cavalier-President-Phoenicia-Murray-President 1966

Jerry

Jerry_Hatrick said:
janner said:

Unreserved appologies Jan. Is this any better?

janner:
Newbies are already trying this on their going to Raleigh thread.

janner1960 P/054 LRO Mercury-Brocklesby-Ulster-Dolphin-Alaric-Oberon-TRV7-Amphion-Artemis 1970
Scouse 1962 L/065 LREM (air) A/Crewman- Vincent-Daedalus-Fulmar-Victorious-Seahawk-Hermes-Osprey- Danae - Victory
Oracle1963 P/O79, Stoker-Raleigh,Messina,-Reclaim-Dolphin-Walrus-RNDQs-Spare Crew Faslane-Sealion, Porpoise-Oracle 1973

WreckerL1973 D143 OEM Ganges-Bulwark-Superb-Sovereign x2-Turbulent-Tireless-2400 spare crew-Torbay-Spartan-Trafalgar 2007

Jerry_Hatrick1954 P/938 LRO Ganges-Woodbridge Haven-Dundas-Yarnton-Cavalier-President-Phoenicia-Murray-President 1966

Jerry

Latest Threads