Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Service Numbers

No service numbers ? - Mind you, the way they are cutting back on personnel, everyone will know each others name, in all three services probably.
It could be like the very first navy ---- I bags the peg leg, and I want to be called Black Jack !!
:lol:

so let me get this rite..... if the JPA has know gone live... wen i go bk do i keep my service number that i had last year or do i get a new number..... confuseddddddddddddddddddddd......

plus y are they gettin rid of that

ET(WE)Pooley said:
so let me get this rite..... if the JPA has know gone live... wen i go bk do i keep my service number that i had last year or do i get a new number..... confuseddddddddddddddddddddd......

plus y are they gettin rid of that

It depends if you are being considered as a new entry by the RN.

If so, then you will be taken on with the new number - no D, C, W or V at the start of your number, and no letter at the end.

JPA is a civvy system adapted for use by the Armed Forces, so all new joiners get the next number in the system.

sledgehammer said:
Tattoo-dog run that by me again. Are you saying all three services will just be running numbers?

Yep!

Everyone joining Raleigh, Dartmouth and Lympstone will get the next number in the system. In fact, I believe the first ones have already been issued.

Latest Threads