Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Service Numbers

Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
D159***V. Joined up 30/03/76, second last class to pass through Ganges!

A mate of mine must have gone thru with you then. removed name his name is,we were only discussing this today!!

Mod edited - please no names

Nicks said:

A mate of mine must have gone thru with you then. removed name his name is,we were only discussing this today!!

I'm a bit hazy as far as names are concerned. I remember a few of the stokers 'cos I went on to Sultan with them. I have an idea that we were 141 class (but that could have been Sultan!). Class leader was a wafu and ex crab called Brookes. The other class in our intake had a class leader called Mick Laycock who was an ex pongo and our class leader at Sultan, which is why I remember him. My abiding memory of Ganges was fighting a pitched battle with Iranian trainees down the long covered way one night. The instructors got some sh*t for that - and consequently so did we!

Tim

exile1 said:
P/J973xxx
wifes [Jenny] was C/J113xxx
She has always called me a big OD because she joined before me :lol:
Man, PJ or PJX was the designation for a Pompey based Seaman way back. Are you still alive and kicking ship mate? :wink:
I reckon you must have been in the Navy when Long John Silver had two legs and an egg on his shoulder. :lol:

Nicks said:

I'm a bit hazy as far as names are concerned. I remember a few of the stokers 'cos I went on to Sultan with them. I have an idea that we were 141 class (but that could have been Sultan!). Class leader was a wafu and ex crab called Brookes. The other class in our intake had a class leader called Mick Laycock who was an ex pongo and our class leader at Sultan, which is why I remember him. My abiding memory of Ganges was fighting a pitched battle with Iranian trainees down the long covered way one night. The instructors got some sh*t for that - and consequently so did we!

Tim

He was a stoker,and went on to join the Kent.

PM me your name etc and I will see him and give it to him to see if it rings any bells.

Joy of joys.

Under JPA my "Employee Number" (WTF) begins 309...

The crabs seem to get their Service Number as their Employee Number so perhaps it's a transition thing(?)

higthepig said:
joined jan 1956 LF957*** after computerisation it wen to L957

numbers when i joined were LSF LSFX im not certain by anymeans think LSF was 7 and 5 and LSFX national service men dont quote me on that one.Tho letters would coincide with general service.

Hig, LSFX was seven and five, LFX was twelve. Mine in 1951 Was LFX 910---

abstainer: n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.

:?: :roll:

Looks like as if RN cannot read. I thought this was for RM as you all seem to be RN, so must RN really like RM then..... not what they say when with other RN.

Mine was P02......

Latest Threads