Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Service Numbers

jossman said:
P055 circa 1960. Why has the terminology for an OD turned into "Red Arse". The mind boggles?

Jossman do not worry about the sprogs, I am still the "Eternal OD" but never a Red Arse, having been there, seen it, done it, spliced two and half inch extra flexible steel wire rope to pass for Leading Seaman, NOTE THAT WELL SPROGS, "Seaman" I was also a RP2 or OM in modern terminology. We can sort that all out in September when we have the Submariner-v-Regulator round one drink and dits competition.

Nutty

Nutty said:
jossman said:
P055 circa 1960. Why has the terminology for an OD turned into "Red Arse". The mind boggles?

Jossman do not worry about the sprogs, I am still the "Eternal OD" but never a Red Arse, having been there, seen it, done it, spliced two and half inch extra flexible steel wire rope to pass for Leading Seaman, NOTE THAT WELL SPROGS, "Seaman" I was also a RP2 or OM in modern terminology. We can sort that all out in September when we have the Submariner-v-Regulator round one drink and dits competition.

Nutty

I spliced 1/2" signal halyard, will that do? Look forward to the "Run" in September and also the Pussers Bubs that you have secreted away. Pig Boatman - v - Regulator.......Bring it on :wink:

Greenie said:
grefs said:
was P100

then the powers that be changed it to

D100.

1966 HMS St Vincent

Hawke 496 Entry

Hurra there are other St Vincent entry guys on RR

I was 1956
Hawke 390 Entry
M956***

How come no postings about St V in the Shore Estab forum :?: - come on guys, we (well some of us) TROGs would like to know about your experiences etc just to show that we didn't dominate the mob :wink:

Nozzy put lots of threads in, but no-one appears yet to be talking ?

Latest Threads