Service Number

jacko90 said:
Does anyone know if you rejoin you retain your previous service number?
Depends, if you left when number had D in front then no as they now have a new system and you will get a new number. If you left when the new system was out then you will more than likely retain the number

What Tommo said. Your new number will usually start with a 3. Start looking forward to being numbers checked by sprogs who joined up in 2009, I hope you are good at making tea. :D

tommo said:
jacko90 said:
Depends, if you left when number had D in front then no as they now have a new system and you will get a new number. If you left when the new system was out then you will more than likely retain the number
I think you'll find you still keep your old number. Had a couple of re-joiners just before I left (3000 system was in by then) and they kept the old number. Guzzler, Drakey or NJ and SM could confirm or deny

WreckerL said:
tommo said:
jacko90 said:
I think you'll find you still keep your old number. Had a couple of re-joiners just before I left (3000 system was in by then) and they kept the old number. Guzzler, Drakey or NJ and SM could confirm or deny
I know of two lads who had to swap. I too had to swap mine for a 300 number but that was because I changed from a blue suit to a green one.

WreckerL said:
tommo said:
jacko90 said:
Only going by what I was informed about rejoining fella.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
JPA only seems capable of matching one service number to each NHS Number (that's the number that identifies you).

If you're ex-RN/RM rejoining the RN/RM, most people seem to keep their C, D, N, P, V, or W prefix numbers if they left AFTER JPA was introduced, if you left before JPA was introduced you are issued a "300..." series service number which stays with you even if you later join another service.

Ninja_Stoker said:
JPA only seems capable of matching one service number to each NHS Number (that's the number that identifies you).

If you're ex-RN/RM rejoining the RN/RM, most people seem to keep their C, D, N, P, V, or W prefix numbers if they left AFTER JPA was introduced, if you left before JPA was introduced you are issued a "300..." series service number which stays with you even if you later join another service.

I'm ex RM going in the Navy, been told by the AFCO I will be keeping my service number.

WreckerL said:
tommo said:
jacko90 said:
A re-joiner a few weeks ago retained his D..... number

chatsharris said:
I think it's pretty much pot luck with it I'm afraid, kinda depends how long you've been out as well.
Yes, hence "If you're ex-RN/RM rejoining the RN/RM, most people seem to keep their C, D, N, P, V, or W prefix numbers if they left AFTER JPA was introduced, if you left before JPA was introduced you are issued a "300..." series service number which stays with you even if you later join another service".