Service family accommodation

Jiflem

Midshipman
Hi there sorry if this has been discussed but need answered basically I’m based near the bottom of England and I’m from Scotland, spoke to UPO about getting my girlfriend down to live with me as it would be easier than flying every weekend and probably cheaper, basically because we got together so young we never really shared bills or bank accounts or anything that qualifies us for a long term relationship even though we’ve been together for 4 years, I was wondering can I just do it if we just sign the papers for a civil partnership that way sound so much easier or would I have to go the full length and get married - cheers for any reply’s

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If you're serving why are you asking us?, try your DO or the UPO, they have the up to date information at their fingertips.

Jiflem

Midshipman
I’m on leave at the moment so I thought I’d ask on here to see what people know so I have a better idea as what to expect

<<... I was wondering can I just do it if we just sign the papers for a civil partnership that way sound so much easier or would I have to go the full length and get married - cheers for any reply’s...>>

Mmmm - Gritty subject; as in integrity...or don't we do that any more?

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
<<... I was wondering can I just do it if we just sign the papers for a civil partnership that way sound so much easier or would I have to go the full length and get married - cheers for any reply’s...>>

Mmmm - Gritty subject; as in integrity...or don't we do that any more?
Almost, otherwise that presumably would have to be inte-gritty....:D

Jack

Last edited: