Seriously cringeworthy recruiting ad

andym

War Hero
What a LOAD of bollocks???Why do they have the Spam with the troat infection doing the voive over.The last bit cracked me up

"Keeping it real!The Royal Navy"

I'd have joined the RAf if id seen that!

It must be a spoof, I mean the narrator has an American accent, the Skipper sounds like Tony Blair preaching to the converted and looks like a pillock and the Wren is a good advertisement for not having women at sea!

IT'S A HOAX! IT MUST BE!

jesse650

War Hero
tis scary........and I'll go with the hoax idea......but it's on the official web site......OMG! they really do mean it.........

That was exciting, is is realy like that every day?????????

Answers in words of more that 4 letters please.

Nutty.

PS Dunkers what were you doing to have looked at it in the first place. A very sad person.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
stabradop said:
RNR one wasnt bad tho (well for a recruiting vid)

stab :-D
Have you not got your own personal copy of the DVD version? Er... sorry, did you not get a copy of the DVD version to pass on to your employer :)

On the subject of vide nasties, I've actually got at home a copy of a late 80s / early 90s RNR video (you know, that funny magnetic tape stuff) which I rescued from a rubbish bin when HMS Sussex closed. It shows the RNR at sea in the mighty MSF - I must try and get it off tape into a format suitable for passing round to interested parties, i.e. superannuated dinosaurs like myself with a nostalgic view of the good old days! :lol:

I'd have believed it if they'd got James Earl Jones to do the voice over.

There probably wasn't enough cash in the tea boat fund for his fee.

dondon

MIA
Hated beret's , nobody suits them [especialy matelots] , much prefered a nice worn in no 2 cap , squashed that often you could get it in your pocket ,
you have only got to look at Nutty's , know that's a matelots cap , 8) :D

dunkers

War Hero
just the other day saw a leader wearing his cap in proper matelot fashion, (Nutty style), within seconds some hofficer """corrected""" his cap so that it was worn """properly"""..... hmmm, grrr, moan....

Clouseau

Banned
dunkers said:
just the other day saw a leader wearing his cap in proper matelot fashion, (Nutty style), within seconds some hofficer """corrected""" his cap so that it was worn """properly"""..... hmmm, grrr, moan....
Reminds me of a thread a few weeks ago when everyone was complaining about poor standards of dress in the RN....

....everything was SOooo much smarter in their day........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Aid charity involved in convoys to Syria “seriously mismanaged”, regulator concludes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity can and should lead the way in taking people’s expectations seriously MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New programme launched for armed forces personnel seriously wounded in conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Seriously injured veterans to get financial support for life MoD News 1
D Seriously considering becoming a RN diver Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
trelawney126 Could you have seriously Donked That The Gash Barge 31
WreckerL Seriously..would you? Diamond Lil's 11
C Seriously considering rejoining the mighty RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
21_Man Seriously?? Current Affairs 24
bigbaddog When ships go (seriously) bad. Diamond Lil's 8
dustyjack This is SERIOUSLY cool The Gash Barge 6
AfterSSE Seriously wrong here Current Affairs 17
C Are some people taking the RNR too seriously now Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 25
MoD_RSS We're recruiting Investigators MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Recruiting & Covid-19 update. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
BFRS We are recruiting for Instructor Roles - Fantastic Opportunities! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
MoD_RSS UKAEA recruiting for new Directors MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Portsmouith Area recruiting Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
vauxhall The Forces Pension Society is recruiting Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall The Society is recruiting Finance & Pensions 0
Trainer HMS KING ALFRED Recruiting Open Day 9th June 2018. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Teenage daughter (18) in recruiting phase. Joining the Royal Navy 20
janner Latest recruiting poster. Diamond Lil's 29
Ninja_Stoker Defence Recruiting System (DRS) Feedback request Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
Wightsparker Recruiting opportunity? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
G Have you ever passed Medical underweight? Gaining Weight before Recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
SONAR-BENDER Genuine recruiting or major bite? Diamond Lil's 8
M Psychometric Recruiting Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
cobra_wasp97 Just came out of the recruiting office, forgot to ask two most important questions... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Ninja_Stoker Feedback Request - Social Media & Recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
wave_dodger Italian Recruiting Current Affairs 11
P CAMBRIA recruiting tactics questioned in Parliament Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
Stirlin New RN recruiting ads...... Made in the Royal Navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
sgtpepperband Recruiting: Scottish Fire and Rescue Service The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Seaweed FAA Aircrew Recruiting adverts The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Telegraph: "Wave Of Suspected Bombs Sent To Armed Forces Recruiting Offices" Current Affairs 30
S Recruiting now! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
J Navy recruiting ads from the late 70s/early 80s? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
Ninja_Stoker RNR Recruiting - The Propositions & Your Suggestions Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 149
A Recruiting Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
G RAF turn to honesty for new recruiting campaign Diamond Lil's 8
REDMIST RMR Bristol recruiting... The Corps 0
Bunter The Recruiting Joke Blue Jokes 1
supermario Closure of RN & RM recruiting office Ilford Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil BBC: "Armed Forces Recruiting 750 People From Northern Ireland" Current Affairs 1
R Media Ops is recruiting! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 39
trelawney126 Army Recruiting Costa Coffee Style ? The Gash Barge 2
bluevillain Crab recruiting advert Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 16
M Still recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
S RM Band Recruiting Video circa 1983-84 - Part 2 History 4