Septics training Wafus???

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this correct??. We already have 12 FAA pilots flying in the US . Plus ( chockheads Badgers FDOs and AED) flight deck crew,including all the branches you mention are already embedded in and being trained by the USN.:laughing2:

2. Correct. This way the FAA won't lose FW currency.

3. fw?? .

4. FW=Fixed Wing. Fuel-to-noise converters. Zoomies.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Makes perfect sense to me.

The yanks have got the toys we haven't yet. The alternative would be the French. Sod that, they'd end up gayer than they already are, kissing each other and drinking wine.

6. This is bad?

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you don't mind, neither do I MLP :-D

8. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You speak too soon shippers. The first 5 out of a planned 30 are apparently already in the process of learning the lingo prior to flying the Rafale.

9. Yep obvious really! Doh

10. wet_blobby

Nelson would be doing his nut. So, wafu's will be smelling of garlic and dodgy cheese instead of smelling like the fear of work? I must make a point of greating monty with a bonjour from now on. :slow:

11. wet_blobby

Bonjour, non, tres bien........ aparrantly...:laughing2:

12. Leaving aside the aiirframe jockeys, surely keeping currency on FW must be beneficial, no matter who provides it. In some respects, mixing time with the septics, frogs and possibly Johnny Dago might have the advantage of compensating for the returning appointees importing foreign habits. Also spreading the experience may allow better selection of best practice amongst their foreign ways

13. At least the French have a carrier and FW capability!

14. We have always had FAA personnel on exchange tours. What is so different now? Numbers perhaps - but it's not like the wheel is being re-invented!!

15. True Waspie, I have served with a few, from the RAF and the USMC. Of course , apart from the rotary wing lads, a bit one sided nowadays, and for the foreseeable future.

16. Spot on Waspie...... but me and Slim were never the blue eyed boys :-D File:Buccaneer S2 at NAS Pensacola 1965.jpg - Wikipedia

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It'll be the helium, nothing to worry about, mes amis.