September 2018 BRNC Intake

Hi all,

This post is aimed at anyone joining BRNC this coming September.

I’m currently in a May BRNC whatsapp group chat and, as it’s actually quite useful, thought I’d start one up for the September intake.

I have a feeling very few people will know if they’re in this intake yet but if you are and want to be added then post on here or send me a message :)

Cheers,

Cliché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photface

Lantern Swinger
Hi all,

This post is aimed at anyone joining BRNC this coming September.

I’m currently in a May BRNC whatsapp group chat and, as it’s actually quite useful, thought I’d start one up for the September intake.

I have a feeling very few people will know if they’re in this intake yet but if you are and want to be added then post on here or send me a message :)

Cheers,

Cliché

I have my fingers (and everything else!) crossed that I will be in this group!

Hello!

I have been told it is possible to join the September intake for BRNC but not certain. I wouldn't mind joining the group chat though - I'm sure it will be helpful in the future either way!

Thank you :)

Hi all,

I have AIB on 13 June (for pilot) and I think it's the last one before the board sit a week or two after that. Looks like we should hear before July which is good!

baldie

Midshipman
Got my AIB soon for Observer, hoping for Sep intake. Very glad the aircrew selection board sits early, I don't want too much tension ;)

Look forward to seeing you there, what are you applying for? I have the dates down as 13-14 June... have I got this wrong?
My date is for the 12-13 June, so you should definitely double check. I’m going for Pilot, you’re not at the London AFCO are you? If not then I know of one other pilot attending on the same date.

My date is for the 12-13 June, so you should definitely double check. I’m going for Pilot, you’re not at the London AFCO are you? If not then I know of one other pilot attending on the same date.
Checked my invitation letter and with AIB and both confirmed 13-14 for myself, I suppose it's possible they run multiple boards in a week. Not from London AFCO - I'd imagine this time of year is quite aircrew heavy though.

Checked my invitation letter and with AIB and both confirmed 13-14 for myself, I suppose it's possible they run multiple boards in a week. Not from London AFCO - I'd imagine this time of year is quite aircrew heavy though.
There are multiple AIB boards across the week, at mine there was a board finishing their second day on our first and there was a board starting their first day on our second.

Make sure you get to know the guys on your board the first night, it makes the PLT and planning exercise a lot easier if you’re comfortable with each other.

Tip for aircrew: Ensure you know why you’re choosing the Navy over the RAF. That came up in my interview as well as one other’s interview on my board and if you can’t give a concrete answer as to why it looks poor.

If I haven’t already sent any of you a message asking for phone numbers send them over to me in a message.

There are multiple AIB boards across the week, at mine there was a board finishing their second day on our first and there was a board starting their first day on our second.

Make sure you get to know the guys on your board the first night, it makes the PLT and planning exercise a lot easier if you’re comfortable with each other.

Tip for aircrew: Ensure you know why you’re choosing the Navy over the RAF. That came up in my interview as well as one other’s interview on my board and if you can’t give a concrete answer as to why it looks poor.

If I haven’t already sent any of you a message asking for phone numbers send them over to me in a message.

I've dropped you a message. :)

I passed my AIB in May and I’m “borderline” for September. Did anyone else have this response. I’m applying for Logistics by the way. Thanks guys

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have my AIB 11/12 June. For potential start in September!
Quite keen on the WhatsApp idea so I’ll message now!

Cheers and good luck all!

I'm already at BRNC and will hopefully be meeting you all in Sept.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions about the first few weeks of training, kit lists etc.

Good luck with your AIBs (and the agonising wait for selection board results) :cool: