Sep Book Competition - THE NINTH CIRCLE

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
A chance to win one of four copies of this book, written by a very good friend of ARRSE. It is a thriller set in current times with contemporary events surrounding a character very similar to Assange. Quite a good bit of squaddie type humour (sans swearing!) and is a good easy to read book. Well worth a punt at the quiz which comes at the usual price of pure humiliation if you get the easy questions wrong.

Entry form can be found here.

Competition will run until Sunday 29th September. Review can be found here.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Still a week to go on this competition to get a good read. There are a lot of wrong answers so I suggest that a little research prior to answering the question may be in order! :crash:

Competition has a week to run and can be found here: Entry Form

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Wrecks can I borrow this one when you're done with it?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
WINNERS & ANSWERS - The Ninth Circle

Well that was a good competition - only seven, yes 7, people had all three questions correct!! So well done to those 7 but unfortunately I only have 4 of these books to give away. The lucky 4 winners are:
stokers-plaything
SJRM_RN
Miner
AlienFTM

The answers to the questions are:

Q1 - Comedy, as reflected in The Divine Comedy means : Reflecting beliefs in an ordered society

Q2 - The former Chairman of the KGB who went on to lead the Soviet Union was : Andropov. Both Putin and Kruschev had been in the KGB but neither were Chairman and Putin did not lead the Soviet Union, he was (and is) the leader of Russia.

Q3 - The hamlet which was evacuated along with Imber Village was: Par Hinton. The other two names I made up.

Once again a case of RTFQ

There is still a book competition running - The Aviation Pot Luck - still time to have a go.