Sep Book Competition - THE NINTH CIRCLE

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Sep 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A chance to win one of four copies of this book, written by a very good friend of ARRSE. It is a thriller set in current times with contemporary events surrounding a character very similar to Assange. Quite a good bit of squaddie type humour (sans swearing!) and is a good easy to read book. Well worth a punt at the quiz which comes at the usual price of pure humiliation if you get the easy questions wrong.

Entry form can be found here.

Competition will run until Sunday 29th September. Review can be found here.
  2. Entered in !
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

Still a week to go on this competition to get a good read. There are a lot of wrong answers so I suggest that a little research prior to answering the question may be in order! :crash:

Competition has a week to run and can be found here: Entry Form
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wrecks can I borrow this one when you're done with it?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  5. Of course you can m'dear :)

You do, of course, realise that your post was actually the kiss of death for this one don't you.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If I'd known it was one of those kind of books, I'd never have entered. So to speak... :oops:
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

WINNERS & ANSWERS - The Ninth Circle

Well that was a good competition - only seven, yes 7, people had all three questions correct!! So well done to those 7 but unfortunately I only have 4 of these books to give away. The lucky 4 winners are:

The answers to the questions are:

Q1 - Comedy, as reflected in The Divine Comedy means : Reflecting beliefs in an ordered society

Q2 - The former Chairman of the KGB who went on to lead the Soviet Union was : Andropov. Both Putin and Kruschev had been in the KGB but neither were Chairman and Putin did not lead the Soviet Union, he was (and is) the leader of Russia.

Q3 - The hamlet which was evacuated along with Imber Village was: Par Hinton. The other two names I made up.

Once again a case of RTFQ [​IMG][​IMG]

There is still a book competition running - The Aviation Pot Luck - still time to have a go.
  9. Book arrived this morning Thanks Again Andy.
  10. Ageing_Gracefully

Ah well, there goes what's left of my PERSEC!!!