Senior Upper Yardsmen (SUY) Course 2016

Discussion in 'UPO/Careers Office' started by BandGeek, May 19, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am on the staff at BRNC and the DO for the SUY Course. I have created this thread for those attending BRNC in the near future as an additional comms stream.

Full Joining instructions are available under the SUY link in the Training Departments Section BRNC homepage which can be accessed through the MOD Intranet and then the RN Intranet homepage.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Stickied.

3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Stickied means its permanently at the top of the page and doesnt go away. Sadly nothing to do with anything sweet and cake like. :-(

Can I confirm this thread is being run with the full knowledge and consent of BRNC as an organisation, and that anyone participating in it will not be subject to summary punishment, as happened to other RR members last year when joining BRNC?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. It depends if someone has nothing better to do than call the college when the wit gets all to much. A complaint was made a minor talking to was all that happened. As far as I remember to two OCs went on to pass out successfully first time. One even won termly award I think.

As ever the posts on here are totally unofficial and the forum is more to answer the eternal question "what is the difference between dog robbers and a lounge suit?"- and other such life altering questions - than an official means of communication of joining instructions.

Course content etc will not be shared of course.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purple_twiglet

"It depends if someone has nothing better to do than call the college when the wit gets all to much. A complaint was made a minor talking to was all that happened. As far as I remember to two OCs went on to pass out successfully first time. One even won termly award I think. "

Personally I think BRNC were lucky not to be sued for summary punishment for someone for conduct prior to their joining the RN - it was a significant failure of judgement by the staff in question as its akin to punishing someone for what they said when they were working at Tesco, on the day they join Asda.

Hey ho, I live in hope that the College is vaguely emerging into the 20th, possibly even early 21st century...

6. As I wasn't directly involved I will keep my distance if I may. Though I do know that there was no summary hearing.

Anyway we are departing from the raisin d'etre for the group... Don't you have some advice about tying bow ties or something?

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  7. Tying, Just saying. :D

8. Well done... you get a sticker

9. Fantastic, first one ever.
    Didn't stop you changing it though, did it? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

This thread has certainly been a roaring success so far :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. You made it sticky, now I have to see it all the time :mad:

12. At least I am getting PMs

13. Purple_twiglet

But do they contain anything more than photos of middle aged men in ladies underwear and a message saying 'I want you now'?

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You've been asked not to send this sort of thing before PT. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Or, 'What is the best iron to bring?'

16. download.jpg This one is popular.

• Like Like x 1