Senior Mine Warfare Instructor (Royal Navy)

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by Olive_Jobs, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Job Title: Senior Mine Warfare Instructor
    Salary: £35,000
    Start Date: Immediate
    Introduction:Our client is a leading training provider to the Royal Navy and now has an immediate requirement for a Senior Mine Warfare Instructor who will prepare and Instruct Mine Warfare Operational Training to Royal Saudi Naval Force (RSNF) Ship Officers and Crew.  Although this vacancy is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire there will be some overseas travel involved.
    Suitable applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
    Responsibilities:- Prepare and deliver lesson plans on Single Role Mine Hunter (SRMH) Mine Warfare Training.- Design and prepare lesson plans in for the RSNF Officers and Crew.- Design and prepare comprehensive notes in handbook form to accompany the training syllabus.- Deliver lessons in the classroom and SRMH Trainer.- Liaise directly with Royal Navy Mine Warefare staff in the production and delivery of Minewarfare Training.- Develop a good understanding of the whole ship components of the SRMH.- To travel as required in support of the training packages outside the Portsmouth area both in UK and abroad.
    Applicant Requirements:Essential:- Technical appreciation of Naval Training and the Naval Training environment.- Knowledge of Officer of the Watch (OOW)/ Bridgework/Fleetwork.- Knowledge of Training Design.- Working Knowledge of Minewarfare Operations.  - Experience of Bridge Management Systems.- Ability to work under own initiative.- Must be able to work well within a high profile team.- Be receptive to change.- Willingness to travel within the UK/Overseas with RSNF personnel remaining overnight if required.- MS Office literate.- Experience of a training environment.- Experience in Instruction.- Excellent written & verbal communications skills along with good report writing skills.- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
    Desirable:- Experience in Foreign Navies Training.- Working Knowledge of Foreign customers & cultures.- Nuclear Biological Chemical Damage (NBCD) and Fire fighting trained.- Flag Officer Sea Training Experience (FOST).
    Benefits:- £35,000 annual salary.- Overseas travel.- Flexible benefits package.
     [hr]Click for more information about this job......