Senior Corps Commission

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Templo, Aug 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After searching the interwebs and this forum I've discovered there is very little information out there about the Senior Corps Commission course.

I have a couple of questions regarding it, if anyone can help.

1) Is it basically like the LE course? Such as for senior ranks with many years experience. Would a Mne who has only a couple of years in the ranks qualify for it? If said Mne was just over the max. age for the YO cse.

2) Are you limited to staff or support command positions after commissioning?
  2. Templo cannot remember the whole criteria.

1. Yes similar to the LE course (same thing)? Cannot remember the quals needed to go for it.

2. Things have changed slightly, now if you have an SQ you can sometime go back to that job but normally you would expect to become MTO, Imprest or QM.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon....

You start in G1/G4 but depending on age, SQ, ability, etc you could become a Tp OC (one of the BRF Tp comds in Afghanistan was an SO(LE) ML) or a company 2 i/c (only know of one man that has been a Rifle (CC) Coy 2 i/c). You will eventually be eligible for Company or Sqn command (normally Logistics) and QM. Between these you may work as a drafting officer, RMR unit AO, CTCRM coy Training Offr, ML trg AO, SO2 various including Bde and FLEET. On promotion to Major attendance at staff college is not mandatory as it is for DE offrs, it really depends on age and prospects. An exalted few make Lt Col, maybe in the near future a full Col.