Sending PM's

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by tiddlyoggy, Apr 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Was just wondering, would it be possible to arrange that a confirmation is sent to one's account that a PM has been delivered? At present they disappear into the ether with just the hope that it has gone correctly. Nothing is known until a reply is received. I know other forums that do this, is it possible please site admin?

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mate. On the top left (i think) when you send a PM, there is a facility for this. Hang on. I'll PM you to check.

3. I'll second this. Also, it would be nice to get a warning that there are messages waiting for you but your inbox is full.

If it helps mate, I got your PM. I'm going to have to decline the request to pose for some 'attitude' style photos at your home photo studio though. Sorry.

Track messages? When I click on that it always just says 'you have no messages to track' or something.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Blackrat

There's a boc on the bottom of the screen. I've just sent Tiddly a test.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tiddlyoggy

Thanks BR, sorted now. Glad that Monty is as much of a computer duffer as me, even though the bitch has hurtfully declined my request to pose for me!

6. Blackrat

Get him drunk. He'll do anything then.

Anything.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Who needs site admin, not that you would expect them to be around, (and useful) on a Sunday.

8. tiddlyoggy

Did you get him AND Magda in the cellar at the same time?

9. tiddlyoggy

Not in my nature to criticise the great and the good. Remember they don't get paid to run the site, they are willing volunteers, I wouldn't (couldn't) do it, or Mod for that matter. Would you?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A problem was highlighted and other members helped another to resolve that problem. Why should the Admin/Mods have to step in?

And if it's okay with you, I was busy this weekend - you are not the most important person in my life.