send vice girls to war with troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wompingwillow, Oct 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Page19 daily mail:

The Dutch army should send prostitues abroad as a way for their soldiers to let off steam. It has been suggested.

Annemarie Jorritsma, mayor of ALmere in central Neatherlands and a member of the ruling VVD liberals, told Dutch television: The army must consider ways its soldiers can let off steam. There was once the suggestion that a few prostitutes should sccompany troops on missions I think that is somthing we should talk about.

The mayor said that Dutch prostitutes would keep soldiers from turning to local women. Wim Van Den Burg, of the military service trade union, told dutch newpaper Bolstrank yesterday: I don't think my wife would find it a good idea!

2. Great idea so long as the officers can only have the Mingers

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They're probably be too busy shagging each other! And wasn't this idea used by the Andrew centuries ago? Probably not sanctioned by the Admiralty but ships did take their own supply of horizontal recreation...

4. Yes women did go to sea on warships. Illegitimate births were commonplace hence the expression Son of a Gun. Used when father was unknown. Much as in todays society there is many a Son of a Chav

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or "Son of Several Chavs", if the Daily Mail is to be believed [i.e. NOT!] :lol:

6. Isn't that why we have women at sea? (OOPS, controversial!)

7. I've heard many a Jack spinning the phrase 'A wren is for deployment not for life'

Matelots I tell you!

8. So they're issued as standard deployment kit then? Which Operation?

SF

9. Operation ClapTrap? :lol: :lol:

10. ...And I though the RN had Stokers and Golden Rivets... :lol:

11. andym wrote: Operation ClapTrap?

... and there was me thinking I would cop it for my flippant remarks when in steps good old andy and aids the whole "shift target" process on my behalf. What a pal!!

SF

12. Alway glad to oblige shippers!

13. Always safety in numbers. :wink:

SF

15. Can you imagine if this became policy?

Wives wiould be demanding thier husbands sign off in the thousands, and do they need to hire "giggalo's" for the women service personell?

And having spent 4 years on the dutch border i can tell you - i never once saw an ugly dutch prostitute.

So somebody told me.

Rincewind

16. "Gigolos"

17. Or other wise known as pimps oh naive one! :oops: