Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send New Photo For Driving License

So when did that rip off come in, and I hear of people who still have a paper license yet they want a new photo and twenty quid I thought that was it until I am seventy??

Renewing passport tomorrow it states if your appearance has not changed no need to have a witness statement. Not for Swansea though.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Yep, I was "Mr Angry from Horsea" about this one too a few years ago.

How on earth the cost is justified is beyond me, however those of us in the minority who wish to be 'legit' apparently get stung too.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've still got my paper licence. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet one day. After watching the BBC's Watchdog a while back, I think I'll make a photocopy.

The better half is dripping (Nothing new there) she has to pay to have hers renewed.
 
Backpacker1uk said:
So when did that rip off come in, and I hear of people who still have a paper license yet they want a new photo and twenty quid I thought that was it until I am seventy??

Renewing passport tomorrow it states if your appearance has not changed no need to have a witness statement. Not for Swansea though.

My new EU style UK licence with photo was issued in 2007 and expires in 2013 which I am pleased to tell you is long before I'm 70 :lol:
In Spain and if you are over 40 your licence is valid for just 5 years and you must have a reaction test (basic) and an eye test before it is renewed.
That includes holders of other countries EU style licences resident in the the country.
And I think I look equally as gorgeous now as I did in 2007 so no I can't see why they'll want 20 quid :lol:
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
witsend said:
I've still got my paper licence. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet one day. After watching the

Me too, although I think the Army have a hard-on for a photo licence (something to do with the FMT600). Without it apparently I can't drive the Mini-bus. Gutted 8)
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
JonnoJonno said:
witsend said:
I've still got my paper licence. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet one day. After watching the

Me too, although I think the Army have a hard-on for a photo licence (something to do with the FMT600). Without it apparently I can't drive the Mini-bus. Gutted 8)

I do have a ADP (Admiralty Driving Permit) which I think runs out next year. All I had to do was produce my paper licence at the MT section and hey presto I became an owner of a pink piece of card.

I was going to do my bike licence through you trench slugs, but ended up doing a weeks direct access at my local bike trainer. I wonder if its still on the go? It might be something for young Tim to look into.
 

lesbryan

War Hero
JonnoJonno said:
witsend said:
I've still got my paper licence. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet one day. After watching the

Me too, although I think the Army have a hard-on for a photo licence (something to do with the FMT600). Without it apparently I can't drive the Mini-bus. Gutted 8)
That dont make no differance at all the way them morans drive over there :D
 
sussex2 said:
Backpacker1uk said:
So when did that rip off come in, and I hear of people who still have a paper license yet they want a new photo and twenty quid I thought that was it until I am seventy??

Renewing passport tomorrow it states if your appearance has not changed no need to have a witness statement. Not for Swansea though.

My new EU style UK licence with photo was issued in 2007 and expires in 2013 which I am pleased to tell you is long before I'm 70 :lol:
In Spain and if you are over 40 your licence is valid for just 5 years and you must have a reaction test (basic) and an eye test before it is renewed.
That includes holders of other countries EU style licences resident in the the country.
And I think I look equally as gorgeous now as I did in 2007 so no I can't see why they'll want 20 quid :lol:

If you renew your paper licence and don't submit a photo because the
Dvla use a picture of you that is on your Passport online then it will automatically date your UK driving licence to expire the same year as your passport . This is because the DVLA rules require a photo every ten years to show your normal likeness on your driving licence.

So advice is to renew your UK driving licence photo via the Post Office/DVLA before your passport expires

G.
 

Rumrat

War Hero
When I had the heart attack the bastards made me renew my licence when they put the three year restriction on me £20. But I had to have a photo licence in 2000 to put my PSV entitlement on with my HGV. £20.
Now the bastards have just made me renew as my photo is ten years old another £20. They did not tell me to send new pic in 2006 when I renewed for the restriction. :twisted: :twisted:
 
Greenie said:
sussex2 said:
Backpacker1uk said:
So when did that rip off come in, and I hear of people who still have a paper license yet they want a new photo and twenty quid I thought that was it until I am seventy??

Renewing passport tomorrow it states if your appearance has not changed no need to have a witness statement. Not for Swansea though.

My new EU style UK licence with photo was issued in 2007 and expires in 2013 which I am pleased to tell you is long before I'm 70 :lol:
In Spain and if you are over 40 your licence is valid for just 5 years and you must have a reaction test (basic) and an eye test before it is renewed.
That includes holders of other countries EU style licences resident in the the country.
And I think I look equally as gorgeous now as I did in 2007 so no I can't see why they'll want 20 quid :lol:

If you renew your paper licence and don't submit a photo because the
Dvla use a picture of you that is on your Passport online then it will automatically date your UK driving licence to expire the same year as your passport . This is because the DVLA rules require a photo every ten years to show your normal likeness on your driving licence.

So advice is to renew your UK driving licence photo via the Post Office/DVLA before your passport expires

G.

That'll pan out nicely thanks.
 
witsend said:
[............... ADP (Admiralty Driving Permit) ..............

Didn't think those were still being issued.

I drove a SWB Landie in Chatham, and was tasked to take the driving test, despite driving for many years.

From the examiner (a dockyard matey - who else ??):
Q."What action would you take to protect the vehicle if a below freezing weather front was forecast?"
My reply 'Cover the engine and park in shelter if possible'.
His reply: 'Would you not drain the oil from the engine?'
Me: 'What, every night, and refill it every morning? :?
Him: 'Yes'
Me: 'No'
Him: 'You have not passed the test'
Me: 8O , then a shrug, and drove back to the ship.

Suffice it to say, I didn't bother retaking, but carried on regardless in driving the Landie each day. I rather suspect that the dockies in those days were rather protective of their transport.
 

Topstop

War Hero
Greenie said:
If you renew your paper licence and don't submit a photo because the
Dvla use a picture of you that is on your Passport online then it will automatically date your UK driving licence to expire the same year as your passport . This is because the DVLA rules require a photo every ten years to show your normal likeness on your driving licence.



G.

Not so, Passport expires 2014, Driving Licence 2019
 
'ang on! Passport and driving licence linked? ID cards by the back door?
Plus and more important if the two agencies are talking to one another why not merge them, ditch half the staff, and save a great deal :thumbright:
 

Topstop

War Hero
sussex2 said:
'ang on! Passport and driving licence linked? ID cards by the back door?
Plus and more important if the two agencies are talking to one another why not merge them, ditch half the staff, and save a great deal :thumbright:

Good idea but that would be too simple.
 
Topstop said:
sussex2 said:
'ang on! Passport and driving licence linked? ID cards by the back door?
Plus and more important if the two agencies are talking to one another why not merge them, ditch half the staff, and save a great deal :thumbright:

Good idea but that would be too simple.

Damn! I know there would be a problem :lol:
 

Topstop

War Hero
sussex2 said:
Topstop said:
sussex2 said:
'ang on! Passport and driving licence linked? ID cards by the back door?
Plus and more important if the two agencies are talking to one another why not merge them, ditch half the staff, and save a great deal :thumbright:

Good idea but that would be too simple.

Damn! I know there would be a problem :lol:

Not problem at all but you are not a quango, have not studied the problem for long enough and only one person.

You need to form a commitee, Im sure the good people of RR would help and be able to spend close to £200M over the next 5 years and come to, after due consideration, the same conclusion. Simples :D
 

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Knew an FAA Scimitar pilot who had a photo of a Gibraltan ape on his id card but nobody noticed.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Ofsted support for area SEND arrangements this autumn term MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to send emergency relief to Lebanon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Ambassador and Secretaria de Estado de Migraciones send a joint message to UK nationals in Spain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting local areas to prioritise and meet the needs of children and young people with SEND MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting the wellbeing of primary pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Her Majesty The Queen to send a message to the nation to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day MoD News 0
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
MoD_RSS SEND tribunal trial: letter to children's services directors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMA Simon Collis send his best wishes in the occasion of Eid Al Fitr MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK to send transport aircraft to provide relief to Indonesia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Scottish troops send their loved ones messages for Christmas MoD News 0
L What can I send Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS News story: British troops send their loved ones messages for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Troops send their loved ones messages for Christmas MoD News 0
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
soleil Capital FM: "Portsmouth Sailors Send Mother's Day Messages" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Monmouth crew send Mother's Day wishes MoD News 1
soleil Evening Standard: "Navy Could Send Warships To Impose Syria No-Fly Zone" The Fleet 0
trelawney126 Bitch didn't send me a Card The Gash Barge 4
soleil Daily Record: "HMS Blyth Given Great Send-Off As Ship Sets Sail For Six Month Tour" The Fleet 3
soleil The Week: "If Spain's Banks Collapse, UK May Send In Navy To Save Ex-Pats" Current Affairs 51
Naval_Gazer Britain to send Apache helicopters to Yemen Current Affairs 6
Joint_Force_Harrier The SAS cant get him so send in the Crabs!!!!! Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 16
soleil Register: "Dutch Send Submarine To Fight Somali Pirates" Submariners 0
soleil Mail: "The bitter truth: We couldn't send Task Force today" Current Affairs 38
soleil Navy News: "First Class Send-Off for HMS Nottingham" The Fleet 29
Ja5on 'We won't send anyone... it may escalate the problem' Current Affairs 0
S Send a Cow Charity 11
C PM refuses to send additional troops to Afghanistan Current Affairs 14
rod-gearing Send in a Gunboat Diamond Lil's 7
janner Did Fink send this out?? The Gash Barge 10
P forces gone mad - Please send us your funny stories The Quarterdeck 0
Oil_Slick Wanna know how much aid we send to Sudan? Current Affairs 42
F Im a celebrity, send me to my death! Diamond Lil's 74
slim And of course MPs send their kids to state run schools The Gash Barge 2
EX_STAB "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels to. The Corps 19
W send vice girls to war with troops Current Affairs 16
D Help with old WW1 photo History 10
soleil FB: Portsmouth News "What An Amazing Photo Of HMS Queen Elizabeth And HMS Prince Of Wales" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS ‘The kingdom through my lens’: British Embassy Riyadh launches photo competition MoD News 0
S Photo/video as a hobby onboard? RFA 9
repoman RENOWN lost photo's Submariners 2
sea_mine Unknown Cruiser Found On NCAP Photo History 18
soleil Shepton/M Journal: "Somerset Flooding: 'Army? We Need The Navy!' Photo Goes Viral" Current Affairs 0
janner WW2 Photo Recon. The Fleet Air Arm 0
P Easy Jet - London bound - photo query The Gash Barge 0
N Stealth Photo Thread Diamond Lil's 21
S Facebook photo The Quarterdeck 30
SEP86 Reclaiming Driving Licence Photo Renewal Cost?? UPO 25
Magda Signature Photo Bloody Computers 7
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top