Semi-Orafice question - stand fast Trehorn! ;-)

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by farmer_jack, Dec 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not wishing to add to the vast number of officer related threads on here to much... but just a quickie.

Does anyone know the rough turn-around time at the mo between getting papers raised and an AIB date?

F_J

2. Posting a thread about officers?! Risky business on these forums...

Best to stick to the SJ/SR questions!!

3. This coming from the person that started a thread asking about the BRNC Souvenir Shop!!

To the OP, there is plenty on here mate regarding joining as an Officer.

Have a look through here and I'm sure it is spoken about.

:)

4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

What's a SJ ? I've never (knowingly) come across one in the last 23 years.

5. Pm Potential Officer . Sure he will be of help :thumright:

6. You'd think he meant JR but how he could accidentally type SJ instead of JR is beyond me :hockey:

7. Hi Lamri
    Ta for the reply - am actully referring to internal process rather than direct entry... which, being a serving rnr JR was why i meant it was only a "semi" officer thread ;-)

Papers raised as a cw candidate... they said it could be up to 1year for an AIB date, and was just seeing if anyone on here knew if this was still the case, or of the turn-around had speeded up a little, seeing as how keen they are for new occifers?

regards

F_J

8. How long would it take for you to leave the RNR?
    I only ask because it might actually be quicker for you to go through the process externally, as opposed to the way you are going now.
    :)

9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

IIRC, you need 1 years worth of reports as a CW candidate before you attend a board, so technically you could attend a board 1 year to the day after your papers were originally raised. The 1 year reporting requirement was what killed my only serious attempt to apply for the Wardroom - I attended requestmentmen in late September 1996 aged 34 years and a couple of weeks formally requesting CW papers be raised with the full support of my DO and the SCO only to be denied by the CO because I would be aged 35 years and 2 weeks before I could sit a board which, in the COs opinion, fell outside the upper age limit of 35.

10. I was meaning to type S/JR.

11. I think you missed the sarcasm of my original post.

12. I think you've missed the sarcasm of most of my posts :)

13. FW - I'm almost certain the requirement for 1 year of CW reports no longer stands. CW procedures are the same for the regular service as the reserve.

I've known it to take a few months to a year. In my case I had CW papers raised in 2006 but seemed to drop off the plot after that - perhaps this is because the AIB form I filled out was very outdated & asked me if I was a member of the "Women's Royal Naval Service" - this was in 2006!!

14. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

See what happens when you leave the RNR and emigrate? No-one keeps you up-to-date on such issues! :)

15. Can't pretend I remember any of your posts outside of this thread.

Such is life, you clearly remember a few of mine.

16. Oh no dear boy, you've done nothing memorable.
    All it takes is a click on your profile.

17. What intuition!