Semi-naked acts cheapen pop

#2
Yes semi naked acts should be banned . Get them singing completely starkers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#3
Actually, I think she is totally spot on. Acts like Girls Aloud can't be on stage in more than a few square inches of clothing and seem to subsidise their 'music' income with 'sexy' photoshoots.

There's always been sexy, skimpily dressed female artists but it used to be that was secondary to their music. Now it doesn't matter what they do as long as they're practically naked, skinny and willing to wiggle their arse and tits for the camera. I can think of a hell of a lot of pop acts of the past who wouldn't stand a chance these days because it's all about the effing 'look', 'sexiness' and clothing.

What annoys me even more is the female artists who speak out against it, and then appear a few months later on the cover of a magazine several pounds lighter and wearing next to nothing. It's as if they have to do that or fall along the wayside. Very sad state of affairs.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#4
Three points:-

Your showing the mental signs of reaching old age before your body does.
Your reading the Scotsman.
Your reading the opinion of a 60 yr old burd who has flashed plenty of skin.

Time to order your slippers & pipe.
 
#9
Ha Ha - My other half ran through to the living room when she heard that coming out of the laptop and told me if I didn't turn it off she cut my balls off. It was giving me a bloomin' headache anyway!
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#10
TimeToJoinUp said:
Ha Ha - My other half ran through to the living room when she heard that coming out of the laptop and told me if I didn't turn it off she cut my balls off. It was giving me a bloomin' headache anyway!
She hates listening to herself? :roll:
 
#12
witsend said:
TimeToJoinUp said:
Ha Ha - My other half ran through to the living room when she heard that coming out of the laptop and told me if I didn't turn it off she cut my balls off. It was giving me a bloomin' headache anyway!
She hates listening to herself? :roll:
Shhh! It's not supposed to be public knowledge.

She's not just fat Wannabe, she has no stage presence and sings like she's on karaoke.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#13
wannabefpilot87 said:
TimeToJoinUp said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7WFuCch8y0
Feck I forgot how fat she was..

Oh sorry I mean large! :roll: :D
Thats because after her 5 mins of fame,,,,,6 months slimfast,,,,,,she became large and appeared on every womens mag from womens own to OK, showing off her curves. C LEB pish!!!!!!
 
#14
TimeToJoinUp said:
witsend said:
TimeToJoinUp said:
Ha Ha - My other half ran through to the living room when she heard that coming out of the laptop and told me if I didn't turn it off she cut my balls off. It was giving me a bloomin' headache anyway!
She hates listening to herself? :roll:
Shhh! It's not supposed to be public knowledge.

She's not just fat Wannabe, she has no stage presence and sings like she's on karaoke.[/quote

I know- I was just being nice! :D
 
#20
Firstly it is only semi naked female singers that maintains my interest in moder pop so it works.

Secondly it has always been like that singers like Sandy Shaw, Lulu, and Marianee Faithfull all pulled the sex angle when they were in the business, perhaps a bit more discretely but that was the fashion of the time, and then there was Pans People.

The reality is modern female singers dress much the same as the young women who go out to the clubs every weekend. You should see them waiting around the bus stops where I live on their way to the ballroom omn Friday and Saturday nights.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top