Semi-naked acts cheapen pop

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by sgtpepperband, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Yes semi naked acts should be banned . Get them singing completely starkers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Actually, I think she is totally spot on. Acts like Girls Aloud can't be on stage in more than a few square inches of clothing and seem to subsidise their 'music' income with 'sexy' photoshoots.

There's always been sexy, skimpily dressed female artists but it used to be that was secondary to their music. Now it doesn't matter what they do as long as they're practically naked, skinny and willing to wiggle their arse and tits for the camera. I can think of a hell of a lot of pop acts of the past who wouldn't stand a chance these days because it's all about the effing 'look', 'sexiness' and clothing.

What annoys me even more is the female artists who speak out against it, and then appear a few months later on the cover of a magazine several pounds lighter and wearing next to nothing. It's as if they have to do that or fall along the wayside. Very sad state of affairs.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Three points:-

Your showing the mental signs of reaching old age before your body does.
    Your reading the Scotsman.
    Your reading the opinion of a 60 yr old burd who has flashed plenty of skin.

Time to order your slippers & pipe.
  5. There was music? I never noticed :lol:
  6. witsend

7. Ha Ha - My other half ran through to the living room when she heard that coming out of the laptop and told me if I didn't turn it off she cut my balls off. It was giving me a bloomin' headache anyway!
  8. witsend

She hates listening to herself? :roll:
  9. Feck I forgot how fat she was..

Oh sorry I mean large! :roll: :D
  10. Shhh! It's not supposed to be public knowledge.

She's not just fat Wannabe, she has no stage presence and sings like she's on karaoke.
  11. witsend

Thats because after her 5 mins of fame,,,,,6 months slimfast,,,,,,she became large and appeared on every womens mag from womens own to OK, showing off her curves. C LEB pish!!!!!!
  13. Two things

Tina Turner!

minimal clothing and tres sexy!
  14. Les Dawson !
  15. Lunches? In my day we said scran......... :thumbright:
  16. That is Fu@$ing wrong. Thank God I left Britain before such mediocrity became enough to become a celeb. well it was bad , but that is beyond the pale.
    The current hysteria regarding Goody just goes to prove it.
  17. I thought pop music was supposed to be cheap.
    As the saying goes, "sex sells."
  18. Firstly it is only semi naked female singers that maintains my interest in moder pop so it works.

Secondly it has always been like that singers like Sandy Shaw, Lulu, and Marianee Faithfull all pulled the sex angle when they were in the business, perhaps a bit more discretely but that was the fashion of the time, and then there was Pans People.

The reality is modern female singers dress much the same as the young women who go out to the clubs every weekend. You should see them waiting around the bus stops where I live on their way to the ballroom omn Friday and Saturday nights.