Selly Oak

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jun 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

My mate who got blown up in Afganistan walked (well stumbled in on crutches) into the pub last night, so needless to say we drunk far more than the recommended daily intake. some of the stuff he was saying about Selly Oak was utterly breathtaking, it makes the stories you hear about in the press sound insignificant. It really is a shocking state of affairs. He is a poster on Arrse but has become weary of it due to the amount of walts, journo's and wanna bees that hang around in there so I have asked him to join RR so hopefully he will be able to give you all the lowdown of his experiance in hospital, he did say though that the military nurses (male and female) were fantastic.

So, do you reckon I should drag him out on the p1ss at 2p.m or wait till 3p.m ?
  2. Whats wrong with 1pm ???
  3. wet_blobby

I fully understand your point Ukdaytona but I've missed that time check...and I have to pretend to be available in the office for some of the day :thumright:
  4. Divert your office phone to your mobile ;-)
  5. 2pm definitely. Of course, because of the 5 minute rule you have to be at the pub at 1355. The man in question is however on crutches so best give him... 45 minutes to get there to be on the safe side. After all it is unacceptable to be late for an appointment (especially one at the boozer) so maybe setting off now would be a good idea? There is no time to lose. :thumright:
  6. wet_blobby

Mobile doesn't work down the local...bonus or what!
  7. wet_blobby

Just been down his house and the little fcuker has already escaped, got a cab into town and is on the p1ss........I've arranged to meet up later for further drinks. :tongue5:
  8. Have it diverted to the pub,simple answer.
  9. wet_blobby

Why on earth would I want business calls in the pub? It's bad enough when the missus calls.
  10. Thought your office was the pub ?
  11. wet_blobby

Nah mate, the pub is the local job centre and recruitment office.
  12. Sounds very interesting Blobbs. Keep the info flowing. My only regret is that I cannot cite info on RR & Aarse... Lord Tim can however. Let's hope he can be directed to your thread? (I knew I shouldn't have resigned from RUSI in 1993 when the RNXS was "Stood Down").