Self Contained Flats at Collingwood

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Tall_bloke, May 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been accepted into the RFA, and understand that I'm going to be billeted in the self contained apartments at Collingrad. I've been billeted at Collingwood before, but never in one of these new apartments. Can anyone tell me what they're like? Are they one of these gucci apartments with tv aerial sockets and broadband etc that I've seen at Nelson? How spacious are they? Any information gratefully recieved!
  2. there not self contained flats. There SLAM.
    You get your own room and en suite. Theres plenty of room. you do get a TV point. (TV license must be stuck to side of TV.
    And there are telephones points for broadband. But you mus tset up your own contract with a supllier. Personally i would look at mobile broadband. As its less hastle to set up and you take it with you. Where as fixed line contract cant be moved easily. I also know a few people in the merchant navy who are able to use these wireless dongles when alongside in this country in there cabins.
  3. What's SLAM matey? Is that connected with the Leadership School?
  4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Single Living Accomodation Modernisation, I think, rather than School of Leadership And Management.
  5. Exactly the same as Nelson mate.
  6. Thanks Christ for that. Was worried I'd be in something like Sumares block!! Suweto by the Sea! :pukel:
  8. Just to let you know that a brand new dining hall complete with new SPAR shop etc is currently being built and is due to open 14 May when PAYD kicks in.

As for the accommodation? Its exactly the same as Nelson in all respects.
  11. Nutty is my hero :thumright:
  13. Well I've certainly lit the blue touch paper there, haven't I ?!?
    Apologies for any offence caused. I'm sure my mother, having sent me to sunday school for years and years will be just as disappointed in my choice of expletives! :thanks: