Selection interview - Planning and organising

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by muskovardo, Jun 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys

Just waiting to do my selection interview. I have my example planning and organizing but it isn't a grand scale event. It was just for a day out which involved a lot of planning as it involved a disabled OAP. Is that OK to use or does it have to be more on the scale of charity event/organised gathering?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

That will suffice.

Not everyone was involved in London 2012.
  3. Remember, it's always a good idea to have at least another example up your sleeve, or even two. When I was involved in civvy pilot recruitment it was a given that the candidates would have done their homework, would have an idea of the types of questions they might be asked and would have prepared answers to those questions. Anyone who didn't was a numpty and deserved the 'not today' response. However, it's all very well hearing the ready-prepared answer but it doesn't really give the interviewer a clear picture of the candidate. What does help is when you say, "thank you for that; can you give me another example of when you've.........?" Those that have genuinely led, dealt with conflict, gone the 'extra mile' etc will be able to draw on other experiences, answer the question and give a good account of themselves. Those that have just one, prepared answer, generally do not.

This may not be particularly relevant to the SIFT interview but I would caution potential officers to have a think before they attend the AIB.
    • Like Like x 1