Selection Assessment Take 2

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Fudoshin, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

i applied to be a dirty wafu on december 6th 2009. I done well on all 3 parts of the test but failed mechanical comprehension enough to not open an engineering trade. I ws well gutted, i was offered various jobs but i bit my lip and said would give another go, the warrant officer said you can retake in 6 months if i PROVE have done something to educate yourself or 12 months for normal retake.

Now im 23 going on 24 in june, dont wanna be joining to old. Now i've noticed your can buy royal navy recruitment cd's or information to help with the selection test. Would this be fair enough if i explained to the afco to retake by june 2010? Or as its not in a formal education like college or uni will i have to wait 12 months? Because theres no short courses on basic mechanical comprehension.

Thanks in advance
  2. 24 is not old mate i applyed at that age av just turned 25 and am not predicted to get a joinin date till next yr by then i will be 26 so just get on with it mate.
  3. cheers for the quick replys guy's appreciate. I will wait if need be but i'd rather push on forward sooner. Thanks for the links i had a good read through it. So i dont need to wait till 6th dec 2010 to retake and retake in june 6th 2010 what would i have to do?

Also as i failed the royal navy test does that mean i cannot sit say the RAF'S test? I would much prefer the navy for various reasons bu im just thinking ahead.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

No problem with the literacy section, then? :wink:

To re-take the recruiting test at the 6 month point, as routinely explained, you firstly need to prove to your AFCO you are undergoing professional tuition, provide a letter from a tutor confirming this & await approval from the Area Recruiting Manager. The "How To " series of rip-off CD's are best described as generic crap in the opinion of many.

Crack-on. But the RAF are not recruiting in the majority of trades at present.
  5. It sounds like you are just willing to jump into any service that will take you because you failed your test, Don't make a mistake and jump at something you really don't want to do.

You would live to regret that mistake instead of chilling out and taking your time and go for the service you really would give 100% to.