Seen off!

BillyNoMates

War Hero
So I'm at work, it's almost two in the fu**ing morning and the telly's on some Sky Channel. I'm bleary eyed and I happen to notice what's on the box. There's an elderly gentleman (an artist) painting a colourful sign in his studio which is situated in an old barn. The sign he's painting is done in brilliant colours with loads of loving attention to detail an he's carefully painting in some words amongst all the swirls and flowers and border-edging. The words he's painting say: *THE GOLDEN AGE OF ANAL*and I'm thinking.....GREAT! - something to while away the graveyard hours. He THEN completes his work of art and the stuff he's finished painting now says *THE GOLDEN AGE OF CANALS*. Turns out it's a documentary about fu**ing canals and British Waterways in the 1940's-1950's-1960's. I shall be writing to BBC 4 when I go off shift to complain in the strongest possible terms I will.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Funny that, when I saw the words golden and canals I thought of something else, helps that it's raining as well I suppose.

Ballistic

War Hero
When I looked at BBC4's schedule and saw "JULIA BRADBURY'S CARNAL WALKS" I got all excited. :excited:

Alas, my eternal optimism had subconsciously added an 'R' :sad:

2badge_mango

War Hero
Joking aside. We stumbled upon it by chance, just channel hopping looking for something watchable amid the detritus of late evening television, and it was really rather a good programme. The amount of effort expended by those few people, and their refusal to kow-tow to the vandals of British Waterways, has left us with a half decent canal system that can be enjoyed by all.
BZ to them says I.

2BM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Audlem Road, Stapeley, Nantwich and land off Peter De Stapeleigh Way, Nantwich (refs: 2197532/2197529 - 15 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House to restart the voluntary strike off process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA secures loan write-off from payday lender MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The danger of unsecured loads – Highways England reminds drivers to check before setting off this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £105 million to keep rough sleepers safe and off the streets during coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Qatari Typhoons take off as joint squadron MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third Future Accommodation Model (FAM) pilot takes off in RAF Wittering MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home work pays off for LLWR MoD News 0
B How soon will the commonwealth hold be taken off please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Furlough scheme cut-off date extended to 19 March MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Team spirit pays off for Distington residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS to benefit from £13.4 billion debt write-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Station Road, Long Melford, Suffolk (ref: 3214377 - 1 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First new ventilators to roll off production line this weekend as industry answers call to step up manufacturing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Off-payroll working rules reforms postponed until 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coarse fishing on rivers is off limits for three months MoD News 0
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS Market exploration: roll on roll off and containerised freight screening MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help businesses with off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK’s first industrial contribution to International Space Station ready for take off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces change to the off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Tech Rocketship Awards take off in Taiwan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Muc-Off pays beach clean charity after failing to recycle packaging MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How the UK is helping connect off-grid communities across Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Off-payroll review launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
soleil BBC News: "German WWI Wreck Scharnhorst Discovered Off Falklands" History 1
MoD_RSS Fishing vessel sinks off Isle of Man MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Darnhall, School Lane, Winsford, Cheshire (ref: 2212671 - 4 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Couple and their dog safe after being washed off breakwater at Mullion Cove, Cornwall MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Platform Evacuation off Shetland MoD News 0
Acryph How to turn off swear censorship? Site Issues 2
MoD_RSS Aerospace investment to take-off following US Trade Mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Man overboard rescued off Dover 'was wearing lifejacket with good strobe light' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister launches new Growth Deals funding as he kicks off Union visits in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World first as kits designed to extract metals from the Moon and Mars blast off for space station tests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check vehicles before heading off on holiday MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Stone Path Drive, Hatfield Peverel (ref: 3162004 - 8 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land off Stone Path Drive, Hatfield Peverel (ref: 3180725 - 8 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Lift off for new investment in UK SMEs to develop new aerospace technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Preventing pollution and hazards from soil water run-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Cutting edge bio-tech system to clean A38 water run-off in Devon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: It's showtime! Helping pupils set off on the road to STEM careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: F-35 Lightning aircraft take off for inaugural overseas exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A weight off our minds: farewell to the kilogram as we know it MoD News 0
S How do they pair off apprentices to cabin share on first sea voyage? RFA 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Teachers say parents need help to resist off-rolling pressure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Skipper rescued off Salcombe 'had done all the right things' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apaches take off for Estonia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: M6’s purple pipes kick off new life on school sports pitch MoD News 0