Security

broadside

War Hero
onions said:
Broadside, you have got coppers who nick criminals? Any chance of cloning them?

yes, it surprised me at the time as well - I know they are as rare as rocking horse wotsit given all the mindless paperwork they are expected to as well but I think there are still some "proper thief takers" around

Fishhead, your point about PCSOs et al being "as well as" is well taken ... and something has got to be done about UK's drift (or should I say headlong gallop) into more and more paperwork, petty rules and regulations, PC bollox etc - as far as administrative niff naff and trivia is concerned we are getting worse than the Indian Civil Service.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Sparrowhawk01 said:
It's all gone mad, a senior rate cannot instill discipline with out being rebuked by some snivelling pig who is afraid a sprog will cry about his human rights and demand an investigations! BAH!.....and breath,7 months to go..

...and that's exactly the attitude that allows them to get away with it, and apathy to breed and fester. So long as you do your duty diligently and expeditiously, the Command are duty-bound to back you up. And for the record, not all complaints from the aforementioned "snivelling pigs" are upheld; in fact, most are dismissed as time wasting and in some cases, where they are found to be at fault then they will face consequential action (false allegations, wasting Police time, etc.), etc.

Refer to 1SL's command directives, about "moral courage"... :thumbleft:

I

In_my_day

sgtpepperband said:
Refer to 1SL's command directives, about "moral courage"... :thumbleft:
Qualities of a leader;
Judgement
Bearing
Willpower
Integrity & Intelligence
Courage, moral and physical
Knowledge

JCC 19long time ago!!

IMD

War Hero
Sparrowhawk01 said:
It's all gone mad, a senior rate cannot instill discipline with out being rebuked by some snivelling pig who is afraid a sprog will cry about his human rights and demand an investigations! BAH!.....and breath,7 months to go..

If the SRs or JOs working for me were that spineless I'd be looking at actions around their own lack of effectiveness. The provisions don't obstruct effective leadership, but they are frequently used as an excuse for lack of action by those who aren't up to the badges they wear.