Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Questionairre- Convictions

mattbea

Banned
I have been warned before of "breach of the peace" and got put in a cell for so many hours till alcohol cleared out my system, so I am really wondering if anybody knows if its something I need to put on my convictions bit on my security questionairre? nothing to it just a little word of warning from the police... please help thanks

Matt,

The only things you need to put on the security form are what have been dished out by courts ie Fines, custodial sentences and the like.

Basically they will pull your police record and hopefully get a match with what you've written in your security form. No match, then no security clearance, which means no entry into the RN.

If in doubt talk to your careers advisor who will put you straight and what needs to go on the security form.

Regards

Neil - Supermario

:nemo:

ellio

Badgeman
i was wondering about this also
i was once caught with underage possesion of alcohol should i put this on the security form the warning was from a pcso but still im not sure thanks :nemo:

ellio

Badgeman
i dont know if it is on my record or not lol :p
if i dont put it down will they be botherd?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
As stated by Supermario, you must disclose all spent & unspent convictions, including Formal Police Cautions (FPC) on your Security Questionnaire.

If it's on the Police National Computer, it needs to be disclosed. If you do not disclose it, you can be rejected for making a fraudulent application. My advice is be completely honest and it's not an issue.

Further advice can be found in the DVA Guidance Notes

mattbea

Banned
Thanks, It can be tricky to know if it has gone on the pnc. I will ring my AFCO today and ask about it, and I might have to ring the police HQ and ask what goes on the pnc as they might be able to help me out here

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Every offence has a 'rehabilitation period', i.e. an expiry period when the previous offence is no longer relevant. You have not mentioned when your previous offences were committed, but as previously stated it is better to be open and honest, as the AFCO staff will find out eventually, from the CRB enquiry.

Good luck!

mattbea

Banned
Ill just put everything on, then nobody can complain, not much anyway just a caution or word of warning... and detained under the mental health act as that is when I was thought to have a mental health issue, thinking about that you know just makes you realise when you couldnt handle the beer :D

rmAET

Badgeman
When does your security clearence get processed?

When I initially applied I had no convictions and had never been in trouble with the police, however just last week I borrowed my friends car and a taxi driver drove into it, I wasn't insured and fear this might have a bearing on my application to join. Any thoughts?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
rmAET said:
When does your security clearence get processed?

When I initially applied I had no convictions and had never been in trouble with the police, however just last week I borrowed my friends car and a taxi driver drove into it, I wasn't insured and fear this might have a bearing on my application to join. Any thoughts?

After your interview you should have signed a Post Interview caution which states the following:

Reference: BR 689 Chap 6 Art 0610.3

Post Interview Caution.

It is a condition of entry into the Naval Service that should you become involved with the Police, either as a witness or subject to prosecution, you must report the facts immediately to this office. Failure to do so may delay your final entry or may be considered as fraudulently withholding information. You are also to inform this office if there are any changes in your personal circumstances.

URN No: 8500000000

Candidate’s Name: rmAET

Candidate’s Signature: ------------

I'm afraid it most certainly does have a bearing on your application as it's classed as a serious motoring offence & the fine has a 5 year rehabilitation period.

Best bet is speak to your Careers Adviser pronto.

lukep

War Hero
Yeah just tell em you were detained under the mental health act. even if you was only suspected previously thats gonna raise an eyebrow.

ellio said:
i was once caught with underage possesion of alcohol should i put this on the security form the warning was from a pcso but still im not sure thanks :nemo:

Is that illegal now? I've drunk alchohol (moderately) all my life and I'm perfectly, er, normal..... ;)

ellio

Badgeman
thingy said:
ellio said:

Is that illegal now? I've drunk alchohol (moderately) all my life and I'm perfectly, er, normal..... ;)
lol :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Non-Jury Trials Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Act 2007 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM’s record defence pledge to protect Scottish security and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Putting the needs and security of Israelis and Palestinians first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making the Security Council better reflect the twenty-first century MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting international efforts to build Somalia's long term security and stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committing to safeguarding progress made on the Women, Peace and Security agenda MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary reaffirms UK commitment to leadership on Euro-Atlantic security at NATO Defence Ministerial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UNSCR 1325 on women, peace and security: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Accrington security boss barred from the industry MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Code of conduct for security operatives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security operative saves suicidal man on Great Yarmouth beach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security boss pleads guilty to supplying unlicensed security guards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protective Security Management Systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Chair of The Social Security Advisory Committee appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing chemical weapons use in Syria and non-compliance of Security Council resolutions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prague 2020 5G Security Conference 24 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation protects national security capability to fight serious crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon at the Security Council open debate on Humanitarian Impacts of Environmental Degradation MoD News 0
guns1969 Channel Security Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS Funding boost to help healthcare suppliers improve cyber security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Training for Security Control Room Operators in Responding to Terrorist Incidents – We would like your views MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 5StarS: developing a security framework for autonomous and connected vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Proposals: The UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The importance of fair elections, security and humanitarian assistance in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for proposals for the UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government advances plans to boost security of smart products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl forecasts future quantum landscape for UK defence and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maintaining international peace and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on National Security Legislation in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Prime Minister's National Security Advisor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Special session on Ukraine at the Annual Security Review Conference: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New protections for UK businesses key to national security and fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary chairs virtual ‘Five Eyes’ security summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G7 urges China to reconsider national security law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Places of Worship Protective Security Fund open for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Promoting peace, stability and security in the Central African region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Conflict, Stability and Security Fund: Call for Bids 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social Security Advisory Committee (SSAC) appointments MoD News 0
M Security clearance additional details... RFA 2
M Security Checks and Debt Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS New plans to boost security of consumer smart devices MoD News 0
H Worried about security clearance Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Coronavirus and regional security: UK statement on Foreign Ministers' meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adapting Security Council working methods to be innovative and agile MoD News 0
T Security Clearance - income Joining the Royal Navy 12
chorzxx security clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
MoD_RSS New virtual cyber school gives teens chance to try out as cyber security agents from home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Youth, Peace and Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TALL Security Print export to Kenya with help from UKEF MoD News 0