Security Questionairre- Convictions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mattbea, Jun 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been warned before of "breach of the peace" and got put in a cell for so many hours till alcohol cleared out my system, so I am really wondering if anybody knows if its something I need to put on my convictions bit on my security questionairre? nothing to it just a little word of warning from the police... please help thanks
  2. Matt,

The only things you need to put on the security form are what have been dished out by courts ie Fines, custodial sentences and the like.

Basically they will pull your police record and hopefully get a match with what you've written in your security form. No match, then no security clearance, which means no entry into the RN.

If in doubt talk to your careers advisor who will put you straight and what needs to go on the security form.

Neil - Supermario

3. i was wondering about this also
    i was once caught with underage possesion of alcohol should i put this on the security form the warning was from a pcso but still im not sure thanks :nemo:
  4. if its not on your record dont put it down, besides drinking offences are very common in all the forces.
  5. i dont know if it is on my record or not lol :p
    if i dont put it down will they be botherd?
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated by Supermario, you must disclose all spent & unspent convictions, including Formal Police Cautions (FPC) on your Security Questionnaire.

If it's on the Police National Computer, it needs to be disclosed. If you do not disclose it, you can be rejected for making a fraudulent application. My advice is be completely honest and it's not an issue.

Further advice can be found in the DVA Guidance Notes
  7. Thanks, It can be tricky to know if it has gone on the pnc. I will ring my AFCO today and ask about it, and I might have to ring the police HQ and ask what goes on the pnc as they might be able to help me out here
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Every offence has a 'rehabilitation period', i.e. an expiry period when the previous offence is no longer relevant. You have not mentioned when your previous offences were committed, but as previously stated it is better to be open and honest, as the AFCO staff will find out eventually, from the CRB enquiry.

Good luck!
  9. Ill just put everything on, then nobody can complain, not much anyway just a caution or word of warning... and detained under the mental health act as that is when I was thought to have a mental health issue, thinking about that you know just makes you realise when you couldnt handle the beer :D
  10. When does your security clearence get processed?

When I initially applied I had no convictions and had never been in trouble with the police, however just last week I borrowed my friends car and a taxi driver drove into it, I wasn't insured and fear this might have a bearing on my application to join. Any thoughts?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

After your interview you should have signed a Post Interview caution which states the following:

Reference: BR 689 Chap 6 Art 0610.3

Post Interview Caution.

It is a condition of entry into the Naval Service that should you become involved with the Police, either as a witness or subject to prosecution, you must report the facts immediately to this office. Failure to do so may delay your final entry or may be considered as fraudulently withholding information. You are also to inform this office if there are any changes in your personal circumstances.

URN No: 8500000000

Candidate’s Name: rmAET

Candidate’s Signature: ------------

I'm afraid it most certainly does have a bearing on your application as it's classed as a serious motoring offence & the fine has a 5 year rehabilitation period.

Best bet is speak to your Careers Adviser pronto.
  12. Yeah just tell em you were detained under the mental health act. even if you was only suspected previously thats gonna raise an eyebrow.
  13. Is that illegal now? I've drunk alchohol (moderately) all my life and I'm perfectly, er, normal..... ;)
  14. lol :p