Security job in London

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by jim4244, May 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sounds not bad money

2. Alright Jim

Not a bad salary and far more than Security personnel would expect to earn north of the border. Even Investigation/Surveillance work normally only pays £150 per day, but thats up to 12 hours work.

Crazy to think that a job with the Security Services in London only pays the same salary (24-28k pa). No wonder Box are under strength!!

Im in Edinburgh mate so not any good for me, but I could maybe point you in the direction of a chap that could help you. PM me if you dont get any hits from this site.

Cheers

Spenny

3. No mention of the legally required SIA licence (course & Exam to be taken at own expense, unless you have a good employer) here, before anyone can be fully employed as a Security Officer.

Any company using unlicensed persons in Security is contravening the Private Security Industry Act 2001 for which they fine very heavily these days, the only exception, for the time being, is In house security.

But it's better hours, and more pay than some of the SecOffs I know.

:)